Home Page Home Page  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Massive Utah Star Wars Flash/Freeze Mob
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:22 am 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

Ok guys here in the Alpine Garrison I am putting a call out to any of you that want to really stand out and have some fun. My event and party planning company is planning a. Star Wars themed flash/freeze mob and we want the dedicated members of the Alpine Garrison to participate. We are doing this as fans for fun and for the chance to rival other similar events around the country. We have a semi-solid date of March 10th of this year planned. Please reply to the post or contact me here on the site or through email or phone at 801-759-6110 or @ awquaentertainment@gmail.com

Guys I know that this can be a great event to participate in we need the characters and the bodies so get back to us asap because once we have a solid number of people we need to have at least one or two rehearsals to get the details out of the way.

Thanks

Splints.

Post subject: Re: Massive Utah Star Wars Flash/Freeze Mob
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:56 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Crew Master

Sounds like fun, however many of us have a prior engagement on March 10th.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:21 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

Ok so there is a conflict which is why we were keeping it semi solid. Would the Saturday before or after the 10th work better??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Grand Master

Something else to keep in mind is that even if you have a variety of characters available, some costumes are more restrictive than others. Many can't move around as well and sight is an issue for anybody wearing a helmet. Don't get me wrong, it sounds cool. I'm just not sure how well it would work with choreography.

ImageImage

Last edited by Splattum on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

I have kept that in mind but thank you for the reminder. Our thoughts are little to no choreography for the majority of the people there. Looking to do something new but slightly reminiscent of the Star Wars The Old Republic Freeze mob in Times Square. What we are really looking to do is bring some attention to our company and to the 501st to pick up some extra gigs here and there but to also just have fun and dress up in public.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Grand Master

I think you'd have to have LOTS of spotters for an event like this. Choreography is one thing but if it's to take place in a high-traffic area with lots of people there's the risk of tripping over children (or even just shorter people). Also, in that setting you're likely to have smart-a** teenagers who'll think it'll be cool to torment troopers.

Granted, we've never tried anything like this (that I'm aware of) so I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, we just need to be aware of all the logistics involved before proceeding.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

What's the location that is planned for this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

As I said I've thought all of this through and like I said before, little to no choreography. The plan was to do it at two different locations in the Gateway mall downtown Salt Lake. I have done things similar to this just not on quite as large as I'm envisioning this particular event to be. I've been doing event coordination for quite some time the difficulty here isn't the choreography or location its the number of costumed people that we need and I have heard nothing but good things from others who have used the Alpine Garrison which is why I came here first. Really just think of it as a parade with two significant stops.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

The saturday after the 10th is the 17th which is St. Patrick's day. the Gateway has a parade at 10am that day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:22 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

Well then how does the 3rd work ??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:18 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

Knowing how our group works, the more notice you can give the more people will probably show up. I'd suggest planning it for the 24th of March, that way we can publicize it at our annual Garrison Meeting a few weeks before.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

Ok the 24th sounds great !! I'll keep that as a semi solid day to plan this for.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

Splints: if you can include as much information here with where and when we would be meeting and what exactly what we'll be doing, I can start a thread in the members only section where members can officially commit to attend and also state what costume they will be wearing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:23 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

Ok well thank you for the help. The plan is as follows for the day of. On the 24th of March the plan is to meet at the restaurant courtyard at the Gateway mall downstairs at about 6:30 pm to catch the crowds. I am looking for an equal number of Light and Dark siders. Light (Smugglers, Jedi, Clone Troops.) Dark (Sith, Bounty hunters, Imperial officers, Storm Troopers.) For a basic example of what we are looking at doing go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_lWxqyI. We are not doing this exactly so don't take this as what I had in mind. The plan as I said is to have the Light Siders start on the lower courtyard near the movie theater and line up double file and head up the escalator to the top tier. They will then march from there to the Union Pacific building via the upper walk ways then head down the stairs to the fountain area. During this the Dark Siders will head out approximately 1.5 minutes after the light siders and will congregate near the top tier near Forever 21 and as soon as the Light siders hit the fountain area they will start walking around towards Barnes and Noble and down the stairs to the fountain area. At that point we will all strike action poses and freeze for about a minute and a half after those of us who are up for it do a short very easy combat choreography. I know this sounds complicated but its not and I am coordinating with the Gateway management to help with music and crowd control. I am open to ideas and any thing else. Hope to hear back so we can get some solid numbers and to also see if there is the possibility of doing one staging rehearsal. Like I said this sounds complicated but I know this is going to be so great.

Thanks,
Splints

Last edited by Splints on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:26 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet Enlistee

For those who are interested in the choreographed combat sequence we are doing rehearsals for this over the next few weeks on Fridays and Saturdays in the afternoons and lunch is usually served. Just call or email if interested.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]