Previous << 
1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:30 pm 
Retired Alpine Garrison Member
Master

Just started Insanity and into day 5. I've enjoyed P90X the last two years and it feels really good to feel really good! I will be 40 in a couple months and I am in the best shape of my life. 40 is the new 20. I have kicked my schooling into high gear and expect to be a certified personal trainer by Thanksgiving and am currently an Independent Beachbody Coach.

I've been helping a lot of family members, friends and many folks across the country reach their fitness goals. It is really gratifying to be a part of people's transformations and to make a difference in their lives. I've also helped a few folks in the garrison and would be happy to help anyone at any time who has any questions about fitness and nutrition or their P90X program. Just shoot me a pm. :)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 am 
Neon City Garrison
Sith Lord Apprentice

On August 22nd I will race in the “Desperado” against some of the top riders in the region. A 109.7 mile bicycle race through the canyons of Southern Utah

Sometime around the first of June right after my attempts at the state weightlifting records, someone made an offhanded remark that got under my skin, bad. They told me that yes I could pick up anything that wasn’t nailed down but that I had no endurance. And even though there is some truth in this as my sports background is in football and oly-weightlifting it gave me a new challenge. I have a friend that is one of the top cyclists in Utah; he offered to help me improve my endurance on a bike. He put me on a bike and dragged me up what is known as “Lake Hill” which is a 4.5 mile climb from 6000 feet to 8500 feet. I willed my way to the top without stopping but it took almost 50 minutes to get there and it nearly killed me. When I got home I was mad because the accusations were right. I had no endurance. Knowing that Panguitch hosts one of the 100 mile bicycle races (a century or “hundy”) I decided there was no need to get in shape on a bike without a goal, so after returning from a 4 mile ride that almost burst my lungs I promptly announced that I was going to ride in the Desperado. I was met with very surprised looks. I had no experience racing a bike, Weightlifting bodies don’t translate to bicycling, and hunched over a set of handlebars for 8 hours would be very brutal on my broken back.

The following Saturday I did a 30 mile ride. Over the first 26 miles my time was so slow that an average marathoner would have beaten me running! More embarrassment- which led to a stronger determination.

Since then I have logged close to 3000 miles on the bicycle and 22 hours on a stationary bike (working on technique). I climb up “Lake Hill” in less than 20 minutes without breaking a sweat and crank out 30 mile rides (or longer) every day with 80- 90 mile rides each Saturday.

My Goals:
#1 Finish! (To all who doubted I could do this I say “Today I will”. To those who have shown support, I will carry that support on my back and it will make me lighter)

#2 Finish in less than 6.5 hours. (This will take averaging over 17mph for the full 109.7 miles)

#3 beat a “Cat 1” rider. (This is by far the loftiest goal. A “category one” rider is someone who has qualified for the “Tour de France”. This will take all I have and some luck as they send these riders out 30 minutes before the others)

#4 FINISH STRONG! I will not limp in!

Yes, I will be wearing a Star Wars jersey!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
Bounty Hunter Master

Good luck, Eric! You're showing some awesome determination and that's exactly what it takes to reach your goals. 8)

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:54 pm 
Master

Eric, way to pick up the gauntlet and take the challenge. I've been following your posts on Facebook and am glad to see you making great progress. Keep up the awesome work!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:32 pm 
Master

Hey gang, some of you know about how much I've been networking on Facebook to help friends and family get fit and healthy. I've been coaching and mentoring a fellow 501st member for the last 2 years.

My friend JD has been doing P90X for about two years. Not only that, but he has also become a Beachbody club member and a coach, entering in monthly contests and winning April's transformation contest, pulling in the $1,000 prize. Now he has a chance to win the Spring Quarterly transformation contest with a $10,000 purse. This is just one of the benefits of being involved with Beachbody--getting in shape and also getting paid to do it.

PLEASE take a moment to view his success story and vote for him:

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/mdb-quarterly-vote

He's the second one down on the left side (male finalists) AGES 40-49, "CoachJDFett". Click on his success story link and take a minute to watch his cool video submission where you see what he looked like before and what he looks like now. He's worked really hard for his transformation and I'm doing my best to support his efforts. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:03 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

I kinda forgot about this thread. I guess I should post. I finally decided that it was time for me to get in shape and be more healthy. Thanks to the advice of Marc I am now doing the P90 program and Marc is my fitness coach. I have only been at it for 2 days (3rd today) but it is nice to be working out again. I look forward to seeing the results I get. Right now my I am pretty out of shape, but that will all be changing. As I make progress I will have to try and remember to post updates here.

TB-7567

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet 3rd Class

I probably ought to start working out. And give up my love affair with Ben and Jerry...

Jaina: "Jag, do you even know how to use a lightsaber?"
Jag: "I know Lesson One. Don't grab the glowy end."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:56 pm 
Master

My first workout demo video! Many more to come as I begin to design workouts and demos. Please feel free to leave a Youtube rating and/or a comment. :)

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQ2q99eb7zc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQ2q99eb7zc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

http://coachmarc.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:40 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 1st Class

Marc, that was exhausting! I loved the last minute (that's how I felt WATCHing you) :wink: Good video!

Christy Giles - TR/DZ 4780

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:03 pm 
Neon City Garrison
Sith Lord Apprentice

Some of you know that 2 days after writing the above post I was involved in a freak bicycling accident that left me unconscious along side the highway. I was diagnosed at the hospital with a "level 3-4" concussion, bruised hip, bruised shoulder and road rash from shoulder to toe. The accident cracked my helmet in two, and although I didn't land on them, the impact was so hard it cracked my sunglasses. Since it occured exactly one week before the race, I was advised by the doctors not to race, and if I did I was prohibited from riding in packs (pacelines) or above certain speeds going down hills. After evaluating the situation and speaking with my family and many experts I chose to race.

The race was contested in what the organizers called "the worst conditions ever" for the annual event. The last 34 miles were rode into a 25mph headwind. Smoke from fires layered the first 20 miles.

Today the official results came in: of 276 racers starting I finished in the top 1/3 of all racers and 12th in my catagory. Considering this is one of the premier races around I am very pleased with this finish. Every state west of Colorado was represented and riders came from as far away as New York.

StarWars Nostradamus wrote:
My Goals:
#1 Finish! (To all who doubted I could do this I say “Today I will”. To those who have shown support, I will carry that support on my back and it will make me lighter)

#2 Finish in less than 6.5 hours. (This will take averaging over 17mph for the full 109.7 miles)

#3 beat a “Cat 1” rider. (This is by far the loftiest goal. A “category one” rider is someone who has qualified for the “Tour de France”. This will take all I have and some luck as they send these riders out 30 minutes before the others)

#4 FINISH STRONG! I will not limp in!

As for my goals. I had set them aside for safety reason with my concussion but am still proud of how close I came to many of them:

Goal #1 Finish I did this and will never forget the feeling of completing my first 100 mile bike ride.

Goal #2 Finish in less than 6.5 hours I didn't reach this goal. But considering I couldn't draft with other riders to conserve energy and gain speed; and knowing that this was the worse wind experienced in the history of the race I feel good with an official time of 6:45:17

Goal #3 Beat a "Cat 1" rider This is my most cherished memory. Not only did I beat more than one pro-level rider, but I finished a race that many of them just plain quit because of the conditions.

Goal #4 Finish Strong! My last mile was accomplished at the same exact speed as my first mile. I consider this a vicxtory.

To all who offered support, especially after my accident, I can't thank you enough. I thought about the words of encouragement many times during the race. THANK YOU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:00 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet 3rd Class

Congrats! You rock!

Jaina: "Jag, do you even know how to use a lightsaber?"
Jag: "I know Lesson One. Don't grab the glowy end."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 1st Class

Wow, Eric, what an accomplishment! You should absoluetly be proud of what you were able to do. Congratulations!

Christy Giles - TR/DZ 4780

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:18 pm 
Master

I'm posting this for my fellow P90Xers in the garrison who I've worked with in the last year and anyone who wishes to participate who has wanted to make a change in their lifestyle. (I've cleared this with Handyman).

A fellow 501st member and fellow Beachbody coach and I are hosting a fitness challenge and offering prizes. I've been spreading the word and networking all over the internet. I wanted to extend this invitation to you as well and ask your permission to post the following in the Fitness Thread as it sorta is an advertisement for my "business" and a few garrison members are already my customers:

---

New Year, New You!!
Marc and JD’s New Year’s Transformation Challenge
Starting October 5, 2009

A fellow 501st member and Beachbody coach and I are hosting a P90X challenge with fun prizes as our way of saying THANK YOU to our coaches, club members and customers/free players for your business. Are you ready to bring it? Today is the day to decide, commit and succeed in becoming a better, new and improved you by 2010!!! The following prizes will be for the biggest transformation:

Prizes:

Grand Prize: One INSANITY 60-DAY TOTAL BODY CONDITIONING PROGRAM will be awarded to the participant with the biggest transformation, who is a personally registered coach and/or club member of either Marc or JD.

Second Place Prize: One P90X Results and Recovery Formula Tub and one package of P90X Peak Performance Protein Bars will be awarded to the participant with the second biggest transformation, who is a personally sponsored coach, club member or customer/free player of either Marc or JD.

Third Place Prize: One P90X T-shirt will be awarded to the participant with the third biggest transformation, who is a personally sponsored coach, club member or customer/free player of either Marc or JD.

Rules:

1. Simply reply here and also in our Fit Club thread in Rule #4 with your commitment to participate

2. You can become a free player by signing up through
Marc at:

https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free/23024/

Or

JD at:

https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free/23113/

3. You must create your personal profile at:

http://teambeachbody.com/

and update it with a before pic and a small bio if you don’t already have one.

4. You must make yourself accountable by posting regularly in our Fit Club thread at:

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/messag ... e/19541454

which is a private forum for sharing our daily progress reports, letting the group know how your workout went, your daily nutrition, asking any questions and simply supporting one another.

5. You must post your day one, day thirty, day sixty and day ninety pics during your program to track your progress and remain accountable and eligible.

Winners will be awarded the above prizes based on the rules provided who have made the most significant overall transformations. Prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the contest. If you are already a customer/free player of either Marc or JD (either of us is already your complimentary coach), you may upgrade your eligibility of winning the grand prize by becoming a club member and/or an Independent Beachbody coach through your Beachbody profile page and join our team of coaches, who get paid to get fit. If you win the grand prize and already own a copy of the INSANITY program, you may select another program/prize of equal value.

Feel free to ask questions and also follow us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104035956541

Hope to help more and more folks become healthier and fitter. :)

Post subject: Re: The Fitness Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:33 am 
Master

Just a quick update: I've been heavily studying in school for the last year and am now studying for my final exam to become certified as a personal trainer. The last few years, or at least as long as this thread has been going, I have taken small steps to being in the fittest, healthiest person I can be and am sharing that passion with others. Lots of folks in the legion, in the garrison and many other costuming forums and other areas of life have had great results. Anyway, after the housing marking slumped, I went full speed on working hard every day to get to this point. I hope to be able to start trooping again, maybe by the end of this year without a care in the world except building another set of armor. :)

Post subject: Re: The Fitness Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
Bounty Hunter Master

Thanks for the update, Marc! Glad to see you posting here, buddy! :D

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 >> Next