Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What's up?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm 
Retired Alpine Garrison Member
Master

I haven't logged in for years. Thought I'd drop in and say hello to any old timers still hanging around. I noticed my retired profile/tour of duty is non existent. No worries. I don't even Star Wars anymore. I can't even remember my last event; probably the highway clean up. Is that still a thing? I remember Dusty coming out to help. I miss Dusty. Good friend and wing man whenever I transported the parade float around. This place has come a long way since, what? 2003? Anyway, I heard a rumor about my good friend, Mark Fordham, whom I've known for fifteen years and still keep in touch with. Maybe it's not kosher to talk about that stuff on the boards these days. Drama and stuff. Anyway, I didn't come here to stir the pot. Just seeing what's what. I still have some garrison/legion stuff like patches, dog tags, etc. Whoever wants them and lives in in the Ogden area, just call me or pm me on Facebook. You can have them. Maybe I'll give them to Mark and he can pass them along to whomever.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Post subject: Re: What's up?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Trooper Master

Hi, Marc. It's certainly been a long time since I last trooped with you. It's good to see that you made your way back to the Alpine Garrison site. But yeah ... I lot has certainly changed. I think even a few new movies have come out since you last donned your Jango Fett.

But yes, there is a few Garrison matters that are currently happening. But you're right in that it shouldn't be discussed in this thread. I appreciate that you don't want to stir the pot. But anything regarding that should be reserved to the Legion website, as it's not accessible to the general public.

Just so you know, I'm no longer down in Salt Lake City. I actually moved up to your neck of the woods. I bought a house in Washington Terrace. And I've since transferred with FedEx, and my new delivery area is downtown Ogden. So if you see me doing local deliveries, be sure to stop me and we can catch up.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Apprentice

Hey hey, I don't think we've ever met as I've only been around for about five years. Happy to buy any patches/coins etc. off you if you're interested. :D

Star Wars is still around so that means we are too I guess, and I don't think anyone will beat your post record. :clap:

Alpine/SLD MBO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm 
Master

Nice, Nathan! I live in Riverdale nowadays. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Mikkonator, I'll dig 'em up and hold them for you/get 'em to you somehow. Yeah, crazy my post count ever got that high. I was a super busy trooper for a few years.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

mikkonator and jedijeffrey like this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm 
Inactive Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 1st Class

I wish you would bring your Jango back! That was awesome!

"Those who anger you control you"

Skalen Fehl likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm 
Master

Holy cow, Jeff! How ya doing, buddy!? Mike Handy bought my Jango a long time ago. So, anyway, happy birthday, Alpine Garrison (Jan 18, 2003). Thanks for the memories. Now on a more serious note...

For the record, I state the following: Mark Fordham was always, and I mean ALWAYS and exemplary trooper who has sacrificed countless hours in and out of costume and as a community volunteer. He still volunteers in the community today in spite of personal hardships and does this on his own time beyond the scope of his trooping with the garrison. But that's what he does because that is who he is. When I was the CO, Mark was one of the most supportive members of the garrison. Mark never had any problems with my authority, and was supportive when I struggled as an adoptive father to two troubled teenagers that I took off the streets and brought to events (Thank you to all the garrison members back then who were patient and supportive).

Mark and I have always treated the garrison as a club. It was always a vehicle to serve the community. It was about people and never about exercising some imaginary "authority." What we did was because of our love for Star Wars and the people of the community. In a nutshell, Mark and his talents were an asset to the garrison. I think I was CO for only one year, but Mark never influenced my decision not to seek a second term. It was my own decision and for personal reasons. I never had any agenda other than to serve the community and my Tour of Duty is evidence of that. Furthermore, my successors had full access to all my posts and all subsequent officers had witness to all the planning that my officers and I engaged in while in office. We had our fun, but we were in the business of serving and I am sure those posts are still preserved as meticulous as I know Mike Handy is and has always been. Incidentally, Mike, thank you for fifteen years of donating your personal server, advertisement free, and cost free to all the garrison members and cadets. Thank you for hosting the countless photos and for the countless hours you put in so that garrison members can feel "recognized." People sure like their recognition.

When I was CO, the biggest issue was people not getting credit for events attended. Gotta have that little yellow star! Times change. Values change. Out with the old, in with the new. In the world (the real world) of politics, things are always taken out of context. Partial truths are offered to tarnish names and reputations. And for what? Control. That's the root of it. I'm not here to start a fight. I just came to offer a statement on behalf of my friend and to be a witness of his integrity. Beyond that, I have absolutely no skin in the game. Good luck, Alpine Garrison.

capthank likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Commander 1st Class

I find it kind of weird someone who hasn't been around for awhile comes back when thinks are happening on the legion boards that shouldn't necessarily know about and says they don't want to talk politics but at the end talks politics.

fshfood, CommanderMoonMoon, Kirsty, and DarthDisney like this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 pm 
Master

Yup. Strange times.

Edit: I gave more thought to pb83607's post above. I really did not plan on talking "politics" in this thread. In full disclosure, and as a friend, Mark asked me if I would provide some kind of statement to the Legion about the kind of member Mark was while I trooped. Since I don't have access to the Legion boards anymore, I was not about to reply privately to Mark, because it would be easy for him to "doctor" my reply. And we all know doing that kind of thing is wrong. And though I know Mark would not manipulate whatever I would have sent to him, anybody could have accused him of doing so. Therefore, I made my statement here as a matter of public record.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:11 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 3rd Class

Thank you for your honesty. This now clearly falls into a violation of the Legion hearing protocol clearly established for this event; which Mark and all Alpine Garrison Members have been made well aware of numerous times. -Legion COGS are monitoring and being made aware as necessary of violations of the proceedings-. I again reiterate to all that we keep the discussion to where Legion has asked it be kept. It is inappropriate anywhere else. I again encourage all members to visit the Vortex section of the 501st forum.

CommanderMoonMoon likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-AT Driver 3rd Class

Kirsty I don't envy your position during this time :dooku:

Kirsty likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 3rd Class

redblurr wrote:
Kirsty I don't envy your position during this time :dooku:
That makes two of us, friend. That makes two of us! ;) I AM ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME I AM ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME IAMONEWITHTHEFORCEANDTHEFORCEISWITHME. ;)

fshfood and Xondrious like this post.
Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver