Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: SLC Dickens Festival
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:26 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot 1st Class

For all those who like the idea of costuming, no matter the event or genre (especially those who love the Christmas season), there is an annual festival known as the Dickens Christmas Festival. They run an event on St. George the first weekend in December, and then move north to SLC the following week. If you've never heard of this, their website http://dickenschristmasfestival.com/ states
Quote:
THE SIGHTS AND SOUNDS OF 19TH CENTURY LONDON COME ALIVE AT THE DICKENS’ CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL
This Festival is not just another craft show, but a unique and unusual entertainment and shopping experience. Olde English shops, hundreds of period costumes, fortune tellers, orphans, royalty, and the “real” Father Christmas all combine to offer our guests a Christmas experience like no other!
The Festival is known for its unique gifts and quality merchandise. Shoppers come to The Dickens’ Festival for that special treasure. Join us as the streets of Olde London come to life!

My family and I participate in this event every year, and there is always room for more volunteers. Melissa Singleton Robinson is the POC for volunteers, and here is the email I got from her.

Quote:
Hi there!

The Dickens Festival is getting ramped up for a great festival this year, and we are booking Acts and Street Characters this year. The Dickens Festival runs:

December 11-13
10 AM – 9 PM
SouthTown Expo Center
9575 S State St, Sandy, UT 84070

I am looking for a few things:
1.Actors to walk around as characters from any of Charles Dicken’s books to wander and semi-interact with guests reinforcing the overall atmosphere. Characters would give directions, chat (but not interfere with guests shopping or watching shows). You can find a great list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dickensian_characters

2.Small acts (a cappella singing (quartets, soloists, etc.), instruments, short scenes, story tellers, puppet shows, balloon artists, face painting, juggling) and skills of any kind to showcase on a small stage.

3.Our Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. We have three larger than life ghosts that wander throughout the festival. We need three strapping men (or women) and guides to help them walk, as there is limited visibility in their costumes, for photo opportunities with patrons.

For small acts, slots are organized in 15-30 minute increments, and you are certainly welcome to sign up for as many as you’d like, based on space available. Street characters are welcome to come and wander as long as they’d like.

The time period to keep in mind for your acts and characters is 19th Century London. It is also around the December holidays, so many music/scenes that can be pulled from that time period/holiday are highly encouraged.

We have a costumer that can assist with costumes as needed, but whatever you can pull yourselves the more comfortable you may be.

Each performer will sign a form allowing us to use any photos we take of you as a character on the Dickens Festival website/marketing.

Each performer will receive a wristband that will allow them free entrance tickets to enter The Dickens Festival at any time even if they come back another day.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to get you in our schedule for this great event!

Melissa Robison
singletonmd@gmail.com
435-233-0685

If you are interested, shoot her an email. I have told here that I posted this here for you all. Thanks.

EMTMAN - TI10412
D. Robert Handy
Alpine Garrison
emtman@live.com

Stay Frosty my friends

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ] 

Time zone: America/Denver