Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hill AFB Air Show
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:20 pm 
Garrison Captain of the Guard
Clone Trooper Master

This is NOT be a trooping event. It'll be strictly recreational and off-duty.

Date: June 29th, 2014
Time: Gates open at 8 am

I highly recommend that anyone attending read the FAQ section on the main webpage.

http://www.hill.af.mil/warriorsoverthewasatch/

GETTHING THERE:

There are three main entrances to Hill Air Force Base. Regardless of which entrance you take, you will still inevitably be directed to the same place. It is suggested that you just follow the parking attendants because they will get you as close as possible.

MEETING AS A GROUP:

Once you enter the public portals, the largest aircraft is the C-5. It is near the entrance and should be easy to spot because of it's large size. We will meet near the nose of this plane. I will probably arrive right when the gates open. But it will still take time for many of us to park, walk and meet at the C-5 aircraft. I'm hoping that thirty minutes is sufficient time. So after 8:30, we will proceed to move into the airshow, and mark our territory for us to watch the event.

Anyone arriving afterwards can still call me (801.618.9888), and I will provide directions towards where our group will be gathered.

WHAT TO BRING/WHAT NOT TO BRING

There is an entire list of items that allowed and not allowed. I suggest every read the following webpage to know what's permitted. http://www.hill.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140507-038.pdf

But most importantly. This is a federal military base. There is a very strict list of items that are allowed and not allowed. The main thing to be aware of is: NO FIREARMS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED ON THE BASE. Regardless whether you have a permit to carry a firearm, they will not allow it.

WHAT TO BE MINDFUL OF:

Hill AFB is expecting up to 500,000 attendants. It will be crowded. But the air show takes place in the sky. So as long as you can look up, you will see the show. We need to be mindful of the possible traffic and crowd control issues. There will be metal detectors and security screenings entering the base.

Another thing to be aware of is the weather. You should expect the temperature to be 10 degrees hotter than expected. Because we will be sitting on top of a cement tarmac, it will actually be hotter than what the weather forecast predicts. So if the weather is forecast at 85 degrees, plan on it feeling like 95 degrees. And don't forget sunscreen and sunglasses. This is obviously an outdoor event, and you will be looking towards the sky most of the time.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

There FAQ webpage can be found at: http://www.hill.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140617-052.pdf

But if there are any questions, or you need to contact me once you arrive, my cell number is: (801) 618-9888

Another source of information is James Weston, one of our garrison's stormtroopers, who will be working at this event. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send him a message via Facebook or call him. https://www.facebook.com/james.weston.71?fref=ts&ref=br_tf or 801.644.9709

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Last edited by jacketrat on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

daricksstarwars likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: Hill AFB Air Show
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

I'll be there. More than likely on Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:31 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

I'm interested

TB-7567

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:50 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot Grand Master

Definitely interested!

I've heard that the Sunday show is the one to attend. The crowds are lighter so you get a better overall experience.

Jimbo
TI 7343

"Shields? We don't need no stinkin' shields!"

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:32 am 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
Sandtrooper Master

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I am totally in for this. Count us in. Hopefully I will have a herd of nephews visiting from Florida during this event as well.

SciFiChick
TD-5096

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

My daughters and I have gone to every Air Show they've had, even the one that was closed temporarily because of those nasty, hurricane force winds and rain we had that year. (we got stuck out on the runway, in the rain, in just tshirts and shorts. we all got sick as can be from the cold and rain, but it was fun!)

I'm sure we'll be attending again. Sunday is a much lighter day, though I've never gone on the Sundays.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:20 pm 
Imperial Recruit

My mother and father are both retired Air force so I'll see if them have any plans on going then maybe tag along myself. Either way I haven't seen one of these sense I was a teen.

The Darkside is better...
We have cookies...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:48 am 
Clone Trooper Master

I've talked to a couple people. It seems that a few people have suggested that Sunday may be day to go. In the past, Sunday tends to be less crowded. Hopefully it's better to get a better view of the show, and less hassle with the swarms of people. I'm hoping that the Sunday (June 29th) works for most of you.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions? For instance, should we plan to meet to meet at a particular spot prior to the show, or have a group dinner at a restaurant afterwards?

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:22 pm 
Clone Trooper Master

*BUMP*

I just want to do a friendly reminder that the air show is two weeks from today. It looks like we decided to go up on Sunday, June 29th. Anyone interested should mark their calendars.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

SciFiChick likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 am 
Sandtrooper Master

count us in!

SciFiChick
TD-5096

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:42 pm 
Clone Trooper Master

BUMP

The airshow is in one week. I have updated the first post to include information on where to meet, information on permitted items, and contact info.

I spoke with James, and he said Hill AFB is expecting up to half a million people. But they are prepared for it. The show is in the sky, and everyone is going to see it despite the crowd. It's going to be an spectacular show. James did suggest that we arrive as early as possible. He suggested that once we arrive, we can mark our territory with blankets or camping chairs, and then feel free to wander around, check out the exhibits and such before the airshow begins at 10 am.

James also offered that you contact him if you have any unresolved questions, but the website pretty much answers everything.

I also wanted to bring up one more thing. Whenever we troop or get-together, we often eat afterwards. If we were planning to meet for dinner after the air show, I was going to suggest meeting at the Golden Corral (1624 Heritage Park Blvd Layton, UT). But I'm open to any other suggestions.

Please feel free to post any questions or suggestions for the upcoming air show so we can be prepared by next Sunday.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:33 am 
Sandtrooper Master

Confirmed for this event!

SciFiChick
TD-5096

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:24 am 
Clone Trooper Master

So the airshow is tomorrow. Weather looks great. I hope everyone remembers to pack some sunscreen and sunglasses. I may even bring an umbrella to keep the sun off my back. I'm going to get through the gates and to the C-5 as quickly as I can. If anybody doesn't know what the C-5 looks like, just remember that it should be the biggest aircraft you see walking through the entry portal. I'll see you all tomorrow.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:00 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Crew Master

I am unfamiliar with the base or air show. What exit do I take off I-15? Which gate should I head for?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:48 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Apprentice

You will want to take the main gate which is the Clearfield exit

These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver