Previous << 
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Recruitment Desk Forum
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Master

Glacier723 wrote:
Hi! I am Cora. I hung around the booth at SLCC 17 after discovering the coolest part of the vendor hall. (AKA the star wars costumer section) Everything about the group sounded awesome and so now I am here. :P :clone-blue:

Welcome to the forums Cora I'm glad you found the fun part of SLCC 17, the cosplay area is the only area that matters hahaha. Not sure if you've figured out which one of the hundreds of costumes you want to make yet but please in the meantime come out to an event. You dont have to have a costume and its a great way to get to see the costumes better and make some new friends :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:29 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hi guys! My name is Graydon, I'm a current senior at Park City High School and am planning on heading off to college fall of 2018 (I am 18 already). I've always loved star wars, and have gotten into cosplaying/costuming a lot over the past few years. I also love community service, so this definitely is the culmination of all three.

I'm a very slender, tall person (6'2"), so I figure I can fit the animated style of the Clone Wars TV series pretty well, so I'll probably be aiming to make clone armor from the show (possibly phase 1 Gree).

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm 
Garrison Captain of the Guard
Sith Lord 3rd Class

Welcome Graydon!We are so excited to have you here! :) As far as costume, that sounds like a fun selection, but don't let body type stop you if you feel there's something else you'd rather be, then do it! We encourage you to do whatever costume you love most and are here to help. :) Welcome, friend!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:02 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hello,

My name is Denney Fifield and I'm a Star Wars junky, though not totally uber junky. I have been doing Darth Vader appearances for a few years now and I'm continuing to build it to 501st quality (it started as a Rubies). It's slowly getting there with the acquisition of full leather body and gloves. Still working on the armor and electronics.

I'd like to know tips from other "Vaders" on how they did their costumes.

I do enjoy events. Seeing how the kids (and lets face it, some of the adults) faces light up when they see some of their favorite characters. I've done events for Mascot Miracles, Shriners Hospitals, Primary Children's Hospital, Star Wars movie events and other events for children with terminal illnesses. Providing some excitement and distractions of the reality of those children's illnesses is some of the best experiences in my life.

That is the main reason I would like to do more with the 501st, because this group works with groups that will do that. There is no better feeling in the world.

Thank you.

Kirsty likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:22 pm 
Sith Lord 3rd Class

Welcome! I know we have a few Vaders here who would be happy to assist you! :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:27 pm 
Garrison Merchandise Officer
Sith Lord Apprentice

DarthRogue wrote:
Hello,

My name is Denney Fifield and I'm a Star Wars junky, though not totally uber junky. I have been doing Darth Vader appearances for a few years now and I'm continuing to build it to 501st quality (it started as a Rubies). It's slowly getting there with the acquisition of full leather body and gloves. Still working on the armor and electronics.

I'd like to know tips from other "Vaders" on how they did their costumes.

I do enjoy events. Seeing how the kids (and lets face it, some of the adults) faces light up when they see some of their favorite characters. I've done events for Mascot Miracles, Shriners Hospitals, Primary Children's Hospital, Star Wars movie events and other events for children with terminal illnesses. Providing some excitement and distractions of the reality of those children's illnesses is some of the best experiences in my life.

That is the main reason I would like to do more with the 501st, because this group works with groups that will do that. There is no better feeling in the world.

Thank you.

Welcome! The road to a 501st Vader is not an easy one. I'd sign up on http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx to research most recent builds. Start a wip there and start getting feedback on your plans before you spend money, it's very helpful. Also happy to help answer your questions on specific items if you have any.

Alpine/SLD MBO

Kirsty likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 am 
Imperial Recruit

Hello everyone! My name is Robert. Not that Robert, the other Robert. I've been involved with the cosplay community in Utah for quite a while, in one way or another. I'm looking to get involved with charity work through a different channel than I have before and thought this would be an amazing way to do so. I've recently started spotting, so thought I would make an account here as well. I am going to be making a line officer at some point. It will probably be in a while, but one day!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:26 pm 
Sith Lord 3rd Class

Welcome!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:57 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hello everyone my name is Alex and I have been a fan ever since i met the crew at an MDA event.

Kirsty likes this post.
Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Time zone: America/Denver