>> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Recruitment Desk Forum
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Denizen 2nd Class

Jerusus Qass wrote:
Hi all!

I'm joining up after an unfortunate number of years of fence-sitting.

Was initially going to be putting together a Snowtrooper kit, however my little boy has me convinced to first put together a couple of Mandalorian kits (he's a huge Boba Fett fan).

He's turning 8 on the 23rd, so for his birthday we took him to his first SLCC earlier this month.
He was really jazzed when I took him over to the 501st/Rebel Legion areas (but really, who wouldn't be, amiright?).
When I explained to him about the 501st and how it was so much more than just a bunch of folks playing Star Wars dress-up he was very impressed.

He continued to ask me questions in the weeks since SLCC, so I showed him the 501st/Alpine Garrison FB pages, pics from events, and pics of the 501st "visiting sick kids in the hospital" (to use his own words). Long story short, I'm under mandate to be involved since he can't be directly involved until he's older, hehe. I'll eventually have him doing stuff with the Mando Mercs kids side of things in the interim.

I'm planning on starting kits in October sometime, after completing my current project (my side gig is audiobook narration and my current deadline is taking up most of my free time until October).

In the meantime I've been getting a lot of good kit building research in on all the various places and forums (MandoMercs/Krayt Clan, I'm registered on other forums as Jerusus Qass as well) prior to getting started.

I'm currently living in Murray near Fashion Place Mall, but we're hoping to be moving into a bigger place somewhere in the SL valley next year (with a bigger work-space!), so I've got pretty easy/quick access to most events taking place in or around the valley.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Make sure to sign up your son at the Galactic Academy! My 7 year old troops with me as a jawa :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:00 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hey-oh! My name is Spencer. I am 21 years old and for as long as I can remember I've always loved Star Wars. I grew to love the Original Trilogy first and that is why I'm going to be building an original Storm Trooper costume built from an AP Armor Kit. I first heard of the 501st during my Sophomore year in high school, and from that moment on I have aspired to build my very own costume and to join Vader's Fist. Finally, after four years, I now have that chance.

I am super excited to work with you guys. May The Force be with you.

Spencer (Saldivir)

redblurr likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-AT Driver 3rd Class

Welcome, looking forward to seeing you progress and to troop with ya!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Welcome Spencer!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:08 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Master

Saldivir wrote:
Hey-oh! My name is Spencer. I am 21 years old and for as long as I can remember I've always loved Star Wars. I grew to love the Original Trilogy first and that is why I'm going to be building an original Storm Trooper costume built from an AP Armor Kit. I first heard of the 501st during my Sophomore year in high school, and from that moment on I have aspired to build my very own costume and to join Vader's Fist. Finally, after four years, I now have that chance.

I am super excited to work with you guys. May The Force be with you.

Spencer (Saldivir)

Welcome to the garrison Spencer, hope to see you at an event. If you have any questions feel free to ask

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:11 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hello,
I am so new to this!
I plan to create a Kir Kanos Cosplay for Salt Lake Comic Con in Sept. I do not see official CRL's posted, but see a pretty detailed text description in the threads.
I'm very curious who would be the best point of contact to dialogue with about creating the full CRL, and suggestions/approvals throughout the process.

-Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:47 pm 
Sandtrooper Master

KirKanos wrote:
Hello,
I am so new to this!
I plan to create a Kir Kanos Cosplay for Salt Lake Comic Con in Sept. I do not see official CRL's posted, but see a pretty detailed text description in the threads.
I'm very curious who would be the best point of contact to dialogue with about creating the full CRL, and suggestions/approvals throughout the process.
-Aaron

Welcome to the boards, the best person(s) to contact about the crl would be the GML, currently tj or hunter, because they would be the ones to approve it once your done along with the detachment leader of sovereign protectors

KirKanos likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:07 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Welcome Aaron and good luck!

KirKanos likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:54 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hi everyone, my name is Sheldon Price. I'm working in casting right now for a new show on the SyFy network. It's kind of like Antiques Roadshow, but with geek and pop culture collectible items, all filmed at different conventions across the country. We're filming at the Salt Lake Fan X, coming up on March 17-18, and we're looking for a few more collectors to appear on our show! I apologize if reaching out like this isn't allowed on the board, but I know that you guys are some of the biggest Star Wars fans in the area. And even though I know you're famous for your incredible cosplays, I figured it would be safe to assume that someone here might have a great collectible they'd like to have appraised or show off on tv!

Attachments:
CollectiblesShow.jpg

CollectiblesShow.jpg [ 633.66 KiB | Viewed 782 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 am 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Greetings, my name is Nathan Hill. I am a dad of three, all of us fans of Star Wars. I had the privilege of facing off against several members of your Garrison as a Jedi at my sons elementary school. The guys were fun to talk to and got me excited about getting started. I plan on starting with a storm trooper costume, probably ESB, but I am open to suggestions from you troopers that have already done this. I would like to get started right away and start coming to your events. I have done quite a bit of film work as PA and In the art department, so I am no stranger to working behind the scenes and helping out. I also look forward to the tips and suggestions this group can provide as I build my costume.

Do you think they have bigfoot on Kashyyyk?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:36 am 
Sandtrooper Master

AdmiralAakward wrote:
Greetings, my name is Nathan Hill. I am a dad of three, all of us fans of Star Wars. I had the privilege of facing off against several members of your Garrison as a Jedi at my sons elementary school. The guys were fun to talk to and got me excited about getting started. I plan on starting with a storm trooper costume, probably ESB, but I am open to suggestions from you troopers that have already done this. I would like to get started right away and start coming to your events. I have done quite a bit of film work as PA and In the art department, so I am no stranger to working behind the scenes and helping out. I also look forward to the tips and suggestions this group can provide as I build my costume.

Welcome to the Empire Nathan! I was one of those pesky troopers you got to face off against that day. Since you want to do a TK here is all the info you'll need :)

where to buy armor: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1 ... find-them/
Supply List: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... -tk-build/
Belts: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1 ... vas-belts/
Neck Seal & Holster: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/2 ... eck-seals/ (jimbojags wife makes neck seals too)
Boots: tkboots.com or imperialboots.com
Blaster: pm slavefive on the fisd boards, he works at HFX productions (hyperfirm)

Rivets: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... -for-sale/ (only if your going for higher levels of accuracy, you dont need these if your just going for basic approval)

Build threads:
navajo bro - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... unt-build/
ukswrath - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... ild/page-1
jason10012 - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... ld-thread/
lovemonkey - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... ld-thread/

Helmet fans: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... 9v-or-aas/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hello Everyone!!
My name is Matthew Kalm, I am currently working on a anovos TK kit. any pointers or help would be awesome!
A little about me? well I am very much a fan of star wars. always have been from when I was a little kid. I am a navy vet served 6 years as a hospital corpsman, and I am currently going through flight school. I have lived in Utah for pretty much all my life minus the 6 years in the navy. I currently live in Sandy Utah. I Have always had a strong interest in joining the 501st and as of last year finally was able to get my very own TK kit. unfinished yes but still a dream that I have started to fulfill. However I am a little short to be trooper as all my friends say and that has got me stumped on my kit.... I am to short for it.... :lol: if any one has any good ideas how to make it fit or how to best trim it would be great!! thank you all for listening to my ramble and I look forward to trooping with you all someday!! :D
Matthew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:11 pm 
Sandtrooper Master

Striderem wrote:
Hello Everyone!!
My name is Matthew Kalm, I am currently working on a anovos TK kit. any pointers or help would be awesome!

Welcome to the forums Matthew. There are a couple of shoter troopers in the garrison that I'm sure could give you an idea on how to trim your kit like our CO.

While your working on your kit please feel free to come out an attend an event we always need the help and it's a great way to start meeting everyone. Hopefully I'll see you soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:20 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Commander Apprentice

Wow so many new members!
Welcome, we're happy to have you all!
If you've got any questions at all track one of us down we're happy to help in anyway we can!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Welcome Matt!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver