Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hi there!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:32 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Hi!

My name is Brendan! I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember, and particularly of the bad guys. I've been playing as Imperials in literally every Star Wars game out there, and yes, I do play a lot of video games. There's a lot of other hobbies I'd like to get into, but I won't list them all because I haven't yet tried most of them.

But I'm finally going to try this! I'm really looking forward to trooping with you guys and representing the Empire! Right now I'm a full time college student and I have a part time job, so time and money both are limited, but I do have weekends off, and I would guess that's when a lot of your events are, so I'm going to try to make it to one soon as a spotter/handler or whatever you call it. I'm not quite sure what kind of costume I want to make, there's so many cool choices! But, I was leaning towards making a Staff Officer uniform first, just so I can get started, and I really like the Staff Officer Uniforms. Later, though, I think I want to make some kind of armor, perhaps some sort of Stormtrooper armor, or maybe a Bike Trooper or Tie Pilot, not sure yet.

Anyway, I'd really like to get started soon! Originally I wanted to have something done by Halloween, but perhaps I've procrastinated too long for that. Still, I would graciously accept any advice you veterans on here have for me! I haven't actually bought anything yet, but I've got money set aside and I'm ready to get started!

Post subject: Re: Hi there!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Welcome! We're glad to have you. I think you've already figured it out, the best idea is to come out and be a spotter for a few events. That way you can see the armor in person and maybe see what you want to do. Ultimately, choose something you love so you'll want to wear it. Hope to meet you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 am 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet Enlistee

I've recently submitted for cadet status, while I build a Krennic. So if you end up making it to the Chili cook-off as a Cadet, it'd be a pleasure to meet you there as a spotter to a spotter. Deploy that Garrison!

"ARE WE BLIND!?! DEPLOY THE GARRISON, MOVE!!!" - Director Orson Krennic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Master

Welcome brendan.

Alot of good options for costumes. It'll come down to what you decide, then we can really give you tips and tricks.

Although i can say Scouts have something over alot of their armored compatriots. We can sit XD. Comfortably i might add.

But welcome, hope to see you out at events soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:15 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Master

Welcome Brendan to the garrison. My first bit of advice especially with limited funds is to save up and get the costume you really love and want first. You can attend all the events without a costume, we always need help with various things, plus it gives you a chance to interact with the various costumes and meet some of the members.
When you decide on the event you want to attend, click on the "Join" button again, make sure your signed in, and then fill out the information it asks you for and select the event you want to attend. Once the attendance has been taken you will get cadet status and you'll gain access to alot more events and information on the forums.

hope to see you at an event soon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Royal Guard 2nd Class

Welcome!

I'll echo what was said before to come join us as a spotter. It will give you a chance to try on helmets, and see different options.

Then you can decide if you want to continue to save for your dream build and just spot, or if you want to do something quick, like a bridge crew or officer to get your membership while you are working on your big costume.

Hope to meet you in person soon!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

Welcome!!!

Honestly, you may change your mind a few times and that’s ok! Being a spotter is awesome because you get to see the looks on the families faces when they realize who they get to talk to. :D

Excited to meet you soon!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I just submitted for Cadet status, I'll be trying to make it to the chili cook-off. I've actually changed my mind several times already and now I'm thinking I really like how the Tie Pilots look, they look menacing, and I bet they can sit as well! and I really like the fact that I could make a reserve pilot first, then complete the outfit later. I think that's what I want to do. Unfortunately I can't seem to get onto the Jolly Roger Squadron forum, their security question seems to stump me. Every time I try to put in the date they ask for it says I'm wrong no matter how I enter it. :(

I'll be the guy with the Imperial ball cap at the cook off. Looking forward to meeting you all!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-ST Driver 2nd Class

CleverUsername wrote:
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I just submitted for Cadet status, I'll be trying to make it to the chili cook-off. I've actually changed my mind several times already and now I'm thinking I really like how the Tie Pilots look, they look menacing, and I bet they can sit as well! and I really like the fact that I could make a reserve pilot first, then complete the outfit later. I think that's what I want to do. Unfortunately I can't seem to get onto the Jolly Roger Squadron forum, their security question seems to stump me. Every time I try to put in the date they ask for it says I'm wrong no matter how I enter it. :(

I'll be the guy with the Imperial ball cap at the cook off. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Wise choice! I started with bridge crew myself which just short of the compad to become a reserve pilot and have been waiting on my armor the last few months, but you can literally do so many different costumes with the same base costume parts which makes it such an ideal way to start off for those who just aren't ready to go with expensive armor on their first costume. Whatever you end up doing it's a pleasure to have you with us and anything I can personally do to help you out please let me know!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver