Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hey Everyone!

My name is Mike and I built my first TK and joined the 501st back in 2008 when I lived in Orlando, Florida. I did quite a few troops out there like Disney Star Wars Weekends parades, Free Comic Book Day, conventions, etc. After almost a decade, my FX ABS armor is now completely yellow. Except for my prized NOT-FX bucket! THANK THE MAKER! Anyways, I now live in Orem and I'm in a good spot financially and I want to build another TK! Yes, I could go TD but no thanks. I just love that glossy white TK look!! I'm assuming I'll go with AP or Anovos armor. I'm 5'9" 160lbs. Anyone have any thoughts or preferences between those suppliers or any others? Anyone selling a kit locally?

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to trooping in a cooler climate!

Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:52 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Biker Scout Master

Welcome mike. Look forward to having you join us!

Were you an approved member with a TK-ID? If so, if you can PM me and let me know your TK ID, what garrison you were with, and if possible your username, i can have your record moved to utah.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Slothmasterr wrote:
Hey Everyone!

My name is Mike and I built my first TK and joined the 501st back in 2008 when I lived in Orlando, Florida. I did quite a few troops out there like Disney Star Wars Weekends parades, Free Comic Book Day, conventions, etc. After almost a decade, my FX ABS armor is now completely yellow. Except for my prized NOT-FX bucket! THANK THE MAKER! Anyways, I now live in Orem and I'm in a good spot financially and I want to build another TK! Yes, I could go TD but no thanks. I just love that glossy white TK look!! I'm assuming I'll go with AP or Anovos armor. I'm 5'9" 160lbs. Anyone have any thoughts or preferences between those suppliers or any others? Anyone selling a kit locally?

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to trooping in a cooler climate!

Anovos is a good kit but its thinner than what AP would be. You'll also have to make additional changes with anovos that you wont have to make with another maker as well, cover up the top 2 rivets on the belt for stunt is an example of one fix.

welcome to utah and welcome back to the legion and alpine :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:45 am 
Imperial Recruit

So I'm definitely leaning towards AP armor. Just sent off an email to Authentic Props. Anyone have any idea of turn around time or final suggestions before diving in? Also, anyone down in the Orem area?? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Not sure on turn around time for AP its been awhile since I've been on the whitearmor forums. Couple people down in utah county that do armor parties and can help out if you need it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Officer 2nd Class

I think the wait on AP armor is about six weeks. Sometimes they get out faster. Mine was just over a month from time of order. Mark with AP would be the best person to give you an estimate.

Do you have any questions about the AP kit?

TK ANH Stunt http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37328-kaars-journey-to-the-501st-ap-anh-tk-stunt/#entry495322

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:52 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Kaar121 wrote:
I think the wait on AP armor is about six weeks. Sometimes they get out faster. Mine was just over a month from time of order. Mark with AP would be the best person to give you an estimate.

Do you have any questions about the AP kit?

Yeah Mark got back to me and said it's about six weeks. Hoping for sooner to wrap up the build before the company Halloween party!

Yes!! I do have questions about AP!
- I built an FX kit 10 years ago, any ideas of the differences between AP and FX?
- Any favorite build threads that you referenced? I've found a few I've saved on WhiteArmor.
- Now that you've trooped in AP, anything you wish you would've done different during the build?

Any and all feedback you can offer is greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-ST Driver 2nd Class

Slothmasterr wrote:
So I'm definitely leaning towards AP armor. Just sent off an email to Authentic Props. Anyone have any idea of turn around time or final suggestions before diving in? Also, anyone down in the Orem area?? Thanks!

We do have a number of guys that live in Orem, Provo and AF, and there's two of us that live just across the lake in Eagle Mountain.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Apprentice

What squad are you within the Florida garrison ?

These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Hey there! I am originally from the Florida Garrison myself, Everglades Squad! So, I have both an Anovos as well as an AM kit. I also had one of the Alpha75 original First Order kits from Anovos.

I think you're WAY better off staying away from Anovos. Why? Sizing is one reason, but the other is that their pulls are VERY flimsy. Yes, it's a very attractive price point, but it sounds like you like to troop a lot. Anovos likely won't hold up. I am having to reinforce my Shadow in Progress with pieces of black Rubbermaid trashcans, to give you an idea.

Welcome!

SciFiChick
TD-5096
Stay above the fray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:12 pm 
Imperial Recruit

SciFiChick wrote:
Hey there! I am originally from the Florida Garrison myself, Everglades Squad! So, I have both an Anovos as well as an AM kit. I also had one of the Alpha75 original First Order kits from Anovos.

I think you're WAY better off staying away from Anovos. Why? Sizing is one reason, but the other is that their pulls are VERY flimsy. Yes, it's a very attractive price point, but it sounds like you like to troop a lot. Anovos likely won't hold up. I am having to reinforce my Shadow in Progress with pieces of black Rubbermaid trashcans, to give you an idea.

Welcome!

Hey! Happy to hear there are some other Florida folks around! I'm coming from the Makaze squad. Everglades though!! Yikes! I hope your friends/family down there are ok!

Thanks so much for the feedback on Anovos!! I actually ended up putting the deposit on AP armor! Should be arriving in about 5 weeks. I will definitely be reaching out for help.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting my armor soon :)

Lazmancometh likes this post.
Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]