Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
AlpineGarrison.com

Official webpage for the Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion

Serving the great state of Utah since 1999









  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]


Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 
 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
 Post subject: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 pm 
Imperial Recruit
User avatar


Joined: August 29, 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Orem
Age: 27
Hey Everyone!

My name is Mike and I built my first TK and joined the 501st back in 2008 when I lived in Orlando, Florida. I did quite a few troops out there like Disney Star Wars Weekends parades, Free Comic Book Day, conventions, etc. After almost a decade, my FX ABS armor is now completely yellow. Except for my prized NOT-FX bucket! THANK THE MAKER! Anyways, I now live in Orem and I'm in a good spot financially and I want to build another TK! Yes, I could go TD but no thanks. I just love that glossy white TK look!! I'm assuming I'll go with AP or Anovos armor. I'm 5'9" 160lbs. Anyone have any thoughts or preferences between those suppliers or any others? Anyone selling a kit locally?

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to trooping in a cooler climate!


 Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:52 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
User avatar
Biker Scout Master

Joined: May 8, 2012
Posts: 2843
Location: South Jordan
Age: 31
Welcome mike. Look forward to having you join us!

Were you an approved member with a TK-ID? If so, if you can PM me and let me know your TK ID, what garrison you were with, and if possible your username, i can have your record moved to utah.

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 699
Location: Taylorsville
Age: 42
Slothmasterr wrote:
Hey Everyone!

My name is Mike and I built my first TK and joined the 501st back in 2008 when I lived in Orlando, Florida. I did quite a few troops out there like Disney Star Wars Weekends parades, Free Comic Book Day, conventions, etc. After almost a decade, my FX ABS armor is now completely yellow. Except for my prized NOT-FX bucket! THANK THE MAKER! Anyways, I now live in Orem and I'm in a good spot financially and I want to build another TK! Yes, I could go TD but no thanks. I just love that glossy white TK look!! I'm assuming I'll go with AP or Anovos armor. I'm 5'9" 160lbs. Anyone have any thoughts or preferences between those suppliers or any others? Anyone selling a kit locally?

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to trooping in a cooler climate!


Anovos is a good kit but its thinner than what AP would be. You'll also have to make additional changes with anovos that you wont have to make with another maker as well, cover up the top 2 rivets on the belt for stunt is an example of one fix.

welcome to utah and welcome back to the legion and alpine :)

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:45 am 
Imperial Recruit
User avatar


Joined: August 29, 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Orem
Age: 27
So I'm definitely leaning towards AP armor. Just sent off an email to Authentic Props. Anyone have any idea of turn around time or final suggestions before diving in? Also, anyone down in the Orem area?? Thanks!


 Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 699
Location: Taylorsville
Age: 42
Not sure on turn around time for AP its been awhile since I've been on the whitearmor forums. Couple people down in utah county that do armor parties and can help out if you need it

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Imperial Officer 2nd Class

Joined: May 5, 2016
Posts: 66
Location: Bountiful
Age: 35
I think the wait on AP armor is about six weeks. Sometimes they get out faster. Mine was just over a month from time of order. Mark with AP would be the best person to give you an estimate.

Do you have any questions about the AP kit?

Image
TK ANH Stunt http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37328-kaars-journey-to-the-501st-ap-anh-tk-stunt/#entry495322


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:52 pm 
Imperial Recruit
User avatar


Joined: August 29, 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Orem
Age: 27
Kaar121 wrote:
I think the wait on AP armor is about six weeks. Sometimes they get out faster. Mine was just over a month from time of order. Mark with AP would be the best person to give you an estimate.

Do you have any questions about the AP kit?


Yeah Mark got back to me and said it's about six weeks. Hoping for sooner to wrap up the build before the company Halloween party!

Yes!! I do have questions about AP!
- I built an FX kit 10 years ago, any ideas of the differences between AP and FX?
- Any favorite build threads that you referenced? I've found a few I've saved on WhiteArmor.
- Now that you've trooped in AP, anything you wish you would've done different during the build?

Any and all feedback you can offer is greatly appreciated!


 Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
AT-ST Driver 2nd Class

Joined: December 10, 2015
Posts: 67
Location: Eagle Mountain, Ut
Slothmasterr wrote:
So I'm definitely leaning towards AP armor. Just sent off an email to Authentic Props. Anyone have any idea of turn around time or final suggestions before diving in? Also, anyone down in the Orem area?? Thanks!


We do have a number of guys that live in Orem, Provo and AF, and there's two of us that live just across the lake in Eagle Mountain.

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Stormtrooper Apprentice

Joined: October 12, 2011
Posts: 1156
Location: West Haven, Utah
Age: 44
What squad are you within the Florida garrison ?

These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Joined: September 5, 2013
Posts: 1721
Hey there! I am originally from the Florida Garrison myself, Everglades Squad! So, I have both an Anovos as well as an AM kit. I also had one of the Alpha75 original First Order kits from Anovos.

I think you're WAY better off staying away from Anovos. Why? Sizing is one reason, but the other is that their pulls are VERY flimsy. Yes, it's a very attractive price point, but it sounds like you like to troop a lot. Anovos likely won't hold up. I am having to reinforce my Shadow in Progress with pieces of black Rubbermaid trashcans, to give you an idea.

Welcome!

SciFiChick
TD-5096
Stay above the fray
Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Hey gang! Looking to buy new TK armor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:12 pm 
Imperial Recruit
User avatar


Joined: August 29, 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Orem
Age: 27
SciFiChick wrote:
Hey there! I am originally from the Florida Garrison myself, Everglades Squad! So, I have both an Anovos as well as an AM kit. I also had one of the Alpha75 original First Order kits from Anovos.

I think you're WAY better off staying away from Anovos. Why? Sizing is one reason, but the other is that their pulls are VERY flimsy. Yes, it's a very attractive price point, but it sounds like you like to troop a lot. Anovos likely won't hold up. I am having to reinforce my Shadow in Progress with pieces of black Rubbermaid trashcans, to give you an idea.

Welcome!


Hey! Happy to hear there are some other Florida folks around! I'm coming from the Makaze squad. Everglades though!! Yikes! I hope your friends/family down there are ok!

Thanks so much for the feedback on Anovos!! I actually ended up putting the deposit on AP armor! Should be arriving in about 5 weeks. I will definitely be reaching out for help.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting my armor soon :)


 Profile  
 
Top
Lazmancometh likes this post.
Search for:
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  

cron

The 501st Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans.
While it is not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred Imperial costuming group.
Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm.
© 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.