Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 3 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Andrew L McClain Introduction
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:17 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hello everybody!

Man, this is very exciting! I've always wanted to be a Stormtrooper :trooper: since I was a little kid . I guess this is the place to start! :)
A little bit about myself:
I'm currently working and saving up for school. My plan is to attend SUU August of 2018 studying film. My plan is to join the 501st and start trooping as soon as possible while I work and attend school.
I recently bought some Stormtrooper armor from a friend who got it from a former 501st member 10 years ago. It's not that bad looking! However, it's slightly bigger than me in some areas. Now I'm very new with this and don't know anything about costuming and plastics. My hope is that I can find the right people I can go to to re-size the armor so it fits for my body. Do you any of you know how to do this, and would you be willing to help me out? I live in Provo, Utah. I'll attach some photos below.
You can see it's a little bit bigger around the shoulders and thighs. The back is also slightly larger than I am. I'm 5' 8", the same height as Mark Hamill when they filmed "A New Hope". You could say that my body is more built like C-3PO's cuz I'm a bit more skinny lol ;)

Attachments:
image3.JPG

image3.JPG [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 190 times ]
Picture0814170057_1.jpg

Picture0814170057_1.jpg [ 253.79 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]
Picture0814170056_1.jpg

Picture0814170056_1.jpg [ 235.47 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]

Post subject: Re: Andrew L McClain Introduction
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Commander Apprentice

Hi Andrew!
Welcome to the Garrison! I believe we already spoke via email I'd encourage you to get in contact with our GML's as they can get you on the right track!

I noticed a few things with your kit I'm just curious about.
Where did you get your kit? and also what work did you need done? There are usually armor parties in Utah county almost monthly at this rate and there are excellent builders there!

Post subject: Re: Andrew L McClain Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:28 am 
Imperial Recruit

Hello!

Oh yeah, that's right! I have a lot of emails and forgot that you already mentioned that. I'll get in touch with them shortly.
I bought the kit from someone in my apartment complex. He said he got it from a former 501st member about 10 years ago. He doesn't know where that guy got it. I'll take a look at the things he gave me and see if there's any type of instructions.
The type of work that I need done (according the Walt's Trooper Factory, whom I spoke with before being guided here) is getting the leg pieces done right and the rest of the armor 501st approved (they said the ab buttons and helmet are outdated). What I would like done on this armor is to get it fitted for my body cuz it's a little big, and re-strapped.
Thank you for your help! :) And I'll get in touch with the GMLs.

Andrew

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 3 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver