Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 6 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hello There!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:30 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hello All,

I had a very peculiar experience today.

I've been a fan of the 501st for years and even made an account 3 Years ago but never posted on here mostly because it was something i always wanted to do, but being a high school student with no money kind of put a damper on that dream. So I logged out and forgot about it.
Fast forward 3 years, I decided to go to McDonalds and get some lunch. As I was sitting there someone noticed my T-Shirt which just happened to be Star Wars of all things. She mentions to me that she is a big Star Wars fan and we start talking about star wars and she mentions that she and her husband are members of the 501st Alpine legion. I mention that I have always wanted to join but have never had the money to make a costume. Then she tells me there are people who help those in costumes called 'Handlers'. Well i got all sorts of excited! They encouraged me to join the forums and be one. Which is why I'm here.

TLDR; I met some members and they encouraged me to join. I forgot i made an account years prior.

Now onto a little bit about me

My name is Alex Wood, I live in Layton UT. I am a Station Chef for a Hospital and catering buisness. I would love to open my own restaurant and have that set as a goal. I love to cook and have been told that I'm pretty good at it. I'm no Wolfgang Puck, but I'm not bad either.

I like to play video games and watch movies and TV. I also enjoy hiking and being out in nature

My favorite book is Candide by Voltaire and my favorite book series has got to be Lord of the Rings.

My favorite food has to be pizza. I know that's a generic answer but its true!

My favorite sport is Basketball. I played Power forward in Highshool

I'm a Metal head, Favorite metal band has got to be Sabaton.

I'm excited to be a part of this fantastic community!

Post subject: Re: Hello There!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:36 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Welcome! What costume are you thinking of making?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:51 pm 
Imperial Recruit

LoveMonkey wrote:

At this point I'm not quite certain. I have always liked the scout troopers, but i think that's a little further down the road. I think ill probably start off with something easier, and work my way up to the more advanced ones.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:07 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

woodywoodchuckles wrote:
LoveMonkey wrote:

At this point I'm not quite certain. I have always liked the scout troopers, but i think that's a little further down the road. I think ill probably start off with something easier, and work my way up to the more advanced ones.

Welcome to the garrison and yes we always need handlers/spotters to help us get around and even get suited up in our costumes so please come out and join us.
It will also be a good opportunity to see the costumes and maybe help you decide just what you want to build while your saving up :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:38 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Apprentice

woodywoodchuckles wrote:
LoveMonkey wrote:

If you are looking to start easy and get your foot in the door, I would recommend a Bridge Crew or Tie pilot Reserve. Both if these costumes are pretty mush the same thing, but can easily be upgraded into a full blown Tie Pilot.

If you want to exchang the ability to sit for the ability to look cool, then we can get you started with some armor.

My suggestion - before you decide on a costume, come out and spot for a few events so you can get a look at what the guys who dress up have to deal with. Also, take a look at the legion costume reference library and come up with a list of "like it, love it, NEED IT!" costumes. One of the biggest determining factors will be how much you want to put into it in both time and money as well as your body size (height and weight are not discriminated against by the legion, however you might not want to go make a vader if you are only 5'4")

If you have any questions, please let us know! Making an account on the forums is only the first step into a larger world, and we are all here to help you continue on your path to the darkside! Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:26 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Crew 2nd Class

Welcome to the family! Like was said before, Imperial Bridge Crew is definitely a way to go if you want a foot in the door, and it's inexpensive enough to fit on a tight budget if it needs to. Its the route I just barely took myself and I absolutely don't regret it. Whatever you decide to do, welcome! If there's anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 6 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]