1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Welcome to the Recruitment Desk Forum
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
Bounty Hunter Master

Greetings Everybody,

Welcome to the Recruitment Desk forum. If you're new to the website, please take a few minutes to post a message introducing yourself to the garrison. Tell us whatever you'd like us to know about you. You'll find that we're quite a friendly bunch. Please feel free to ask any question you like about the garrison or how things work around here.

This forum will have additional use as the new online cadet application is launched in the near future. Stay tuned.

Later,

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

storm36 likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Recruitment Desk Forum
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

Nice desk!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hi, my names Henry, and I'm addicted to star wars.
(cue syncronized drone of "hello henry")
... this is a support group right?
Haha, anyway, I'm from New York living out in provo for a while. I have a ROTJ Boba that I'd eventually like to finish. I participated in the Freedom festival booth and parade (as ANH Han). You guys seemed like a pretty geeky bunch and I'd love to come troopin with you guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:41 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Crew 1st Class

Ion_Cannon_Gunner wrote:
Haha, anyway, I'm from New York living out in provo for a while. I have a ROTJ Boba that I'd eventually like to finish. I participated in the Freedom festival booth and parade (as ANH Han). You guys seemed like a pretty geeky bunch and I'd love to come troopin with you guys.

Henry, nice to see you made it to the boards. :) It was fun troopin' with you at the FF.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:15 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet 3rd Class

Ion_Cannon_Gunner wrote:

It was fun having you there! Welcome to the boards. We're not just geeky, we're quirky too.

Jaina: "Jag, do you even know how to use a lightsaber?"
Jag: "I know Lesson One. Don't grab the glowy end."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:35 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet 1st Class

Yay Henry! I'm glad you made it on here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 am 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

Hey there all! Just signed up and am responding to orders to post here. Nic Fitzgerald is the name, pleased to meet you. I am a tall dude (6'9") who has played basketball from Jr. Jazz to the semi-pro level. I play guitar and write songs and perform. You can check out my band if you like at http://www.facebook.com/runtheskyisfalling I'm married with 3 awesome kids. My three year old is really into Star Wars, even without any of my indoctrinating :D

I obviously have a passion for Star Wars. I was a Stormtrooper for Halloween when I was a kid and have an Anakin E3 getup almost complete (Inner tunic, glove upgrade, and one pouch left). With my height, I am obviously interested in doing a Vader (ESB prefferably). That's what brings me here. I know it's going to take time, and be quite expensive, but I wanted to get ideas, tips, etc. from the experts as I get ready to fully embark on my road to the Darkside. I've spent a bunch of time recently looking on the boards on TFN and searching for as much info as I can find. With so much to work on, I just can't decide where to start. I've thought about starting with the Lid, but don't have the funds to get an aftermarket one yet. I thought about doing mods on the Rubies lid, to try to hone my skills, but am not sure if that would be 501st acceptable.

I must say it is a bit intimidating coming here, especially with how some people portray the 501st, but I know you will all be gentle and help guide me along. I'll leave it to the other Sith Lords to haze me later. ;)

"You underestimate my power!... D'oh!"
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:21 am 
Bounty Hunter Master

Greetings, Nic! Welcome to the Alpine Garrison! :D

Darth Vader? That's GREAT! We can never have too many Vaders. He is *BY FAR* our most popular character and it can be tricky sometimes making sure that Lord Vader is at every event.

We have SEVERAL AMAZING Vaders in this Garrison who can definitely help you on your journey. You may wish to start by posting your own costume build thread in our Costume and Props Forum.

Later,

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Grand Master

6'9" would be an awesomely intimidating Vader. Welcome to the garrison Nic. I'd help you out but I know absolutely nothing about the Vader costume. You should check upcoming events on the calendar and come out to one.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:21 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

Thanks guys! I'm already getting some great help from the garrison, you all rule! I'm going to try to make it to the event at the end of the month down at the expo center. Hope to see you all there!

In regards to the intimidating thing... I've always dreamt of walking into any place kitted out as Vader and seeing the people's faces. It's awesome enough with the day to day stuff, so I can imagine how awesome it would be as Vader.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm 
Bounty Hunter Master

weemansith wrote:
I'm going to try to make it to the event at the end of the month down at the expo center. Hope to see you all there!

Make sure that you click the "Join" button above, fill out the application, and specify which event will be your first. That way, you'll get more behind the scenes info about the upcoming event.

Later,

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:48 pm 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

Handyman wrote:
weemansith wrote:
I'm going to try to make it to the event at the end of the month down at the expo center. Hope to see you all there!

Make sure that you click the "Join" button above, fill out the application, and specify which event will be your first. That way, you'll get more behind the scenes info about the upcoming event.

Later,

Would anything hinder me from applying (since I am just in the gathering info stages for my Vader)? I'll look into it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:57 pm 
Bounty Hunter Master

weemansith wrote:
Would anything hinder me from applying (since I am just in the gathering info stages for my Vader)? I'll look into it.

The application that I'm referring to on this website is for our Garrison "Cadet" program which is for those working toward official 501st Membership. You can apply anytime. After you've attended your first event, you will be promoted to cadet status and receive additional access. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Later,

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:39 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Hi friends, i am tenera, it's very nice to meet you all! I stopped at the booth at Provo's Freedom Fest and decided it was time to stop wanting to join and just join already!
:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:15 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Apprentice

Tenera wrote:
Hi friends, i am tenera, it's very nice to meet you all! I stopped at the booth at Provo's Freedom Fest and decided it was time to stop wanting to join and just join already!
:)

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatcha gonna be? :mrgreen:

-iz

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in this post are not shared by the 501st, Alpine Garrison, or it's command staff.
2011 Spec Ops DL / First Novatrooper Elite

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]