View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 15 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Fresh Meat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:43 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Greetings all! I'm extremely excited to join the community! Quick debriefing, I'm a sixteen year old girl who plays trombone and tuba in the Alta High Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band. I love any sort of sci-fi or fantasy genre but Star Wars has always occupied a very special place in my heart and is one of my most cherished stories next to Mass Effect. My name is Stormy and I would like to begin constucting on an Imperial Officer's uniform (I would like to do a Juno Eclipse type uniform). Any advice on how to get involved and to build the officer's uniform would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time!

Post subject: Re: Fresh Meat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 1st Class

Welcome to the Garrison, Stormy! It's awesome to see you here.

Christy Giles - TR/DZ 4780

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot Grand Master

Welcome aboard! As far as costuming tips, check with our soft armorer, Shawn Gordon. He should be able to get you pointed in the right direction. His username on the boards is Darth Maul.

Good Luck!

Jimbo
TI 7343

"Shields? We don't need no stinkin' shields!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Grand Master

With a name like Stormy shouldn't you be interested in a Stormtrooper? :wink: :lol: j/k. Welcome aboard. Check the calendar and come on out to an event to meet some of the folks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 am 
Imperial Recruit

Splattum wrote:
With a name like Stormy shouldn't you be interested in a Stormtrooper? :wink: :lol: j/k. Welcome aboard. Check the calendar and come on out to an event to meet some of the folks.

Stormtroopers were my first choice, but after a disatrous attempt at some Mando armor I figured I'd wait until I had more experiece. :D

I have heard of things called spotters? What do they do and how do they work with you guys at events? And if I go to an event without a costume is it still possible to attain cadet status?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 am 
Imperial Recruit
Cadet

If you don't mind good guys, I have a Jedi costume for sale that might fit you. Check out the cargo hold!

"Training to become a Jedi is not an easy challenge ...
... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot Grand Master

TheOddEnigma wrote:
I have heard of things called spotters? What do they do and how do they work with you guys at events? And if I go to an event without a costume is it still possible to attain cadet status?

Spotters are there to make sure the bucketed troopers don't fall over something, ignore a kid, etc. They become the eyes of the troopers.

As long as you are making progress toward an approvable 501st costume, you can get cadet status by attending an event as a spotter.

Jimbo
TI 7343

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 pm 
Imperial Recruit

JIMBOJAG wrote:
TheOddEnigma wrote:

Spotters are there to make sure the bucketed troopers don't fall over something, ignore a kid, etc. They become the eyes of the troopers.

As long as you are making progress toward an approvable 501st costume, you can get cadet status by attending an event as a spotter.

Is it as simple as showin up and saying "Howdy! I'm a spotter!" Also what type of clothes do they wear to be recognized?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:23 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot Grand Master

TheOddEnigma wrote:
JIMBOJAG wrote:
TheOddEnigma wrote:

Is it as simple as showin up and saying "Howdy! I'm a spotter!" Also what type of clothes do they wear to be recognized?

Show up, introduce yourself, and we will get you going. Black T-shirt, Star Wars themed, is the usual fare until you can get an official spotter shirt.

We have several events coming up in the near future that you could attend. Check out the calendar for a full listing.

Jimbo
TI 7343

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

Let me do some checking on the pattern number but it's a Civil War uniform pattern. I'll get that info to you asap.

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Darth Maul wrote:
Let me do some checking on the pattern number but it's a Civil War uniform pattern. I'll get that info to you asap.

Thank you! I'm very excited!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
If you don't mind good guys, I have a Jedi costume for sale that might fit you. Check out the cargo hold!

I would love it! But I'm a bit low on funds at the moment. If you still have it in maybe 2 months I'll probably buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

McCalls Costume pattern M4745 Civil War Uniform Pattern. It does need to be modified in front, but it has the least amount of work to do. Also, the pants need to be modified with the flared leg and not the straight leg.

And if you go to our Cargo Hold area, one of the members is selling a pair of boots that would be perfect for an officer uniform. Have a look! Nice boots, good price.

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 am 
Imperial Recruit

Darth Maul wrote:
McCalls Costume pattern M4745 Civil War Uniform Pattern. It does need to be modified in front, but it has the least amount of work to do. Also, the pants need to be modified with the flared leg and not the straight leg.

And if you go to our Cargo Hold area, one of the members is selling a pair of boots that would be perfect for an officer uniform. Have a look! Nice boots, good price.

Thank you! I can't wait to start working on it. And I have been looking into the boots and chances are that I am going to buy them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:13 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

Hi Stormy. Welcome to the Alpine Garrison!

TheOddEnigma wrote:
Splattum wrote:

Stormtroopers were my first choice, but after a disatrous attempt at some Mando armor I figured I'd wait until I had more experiece. :D

Now, just letting you know there are a lot of people around here that can help you build the armor and get you experience in working with armor :) That being said an officer is a great choice for first costume. That way you can be trooping in costume as you save up to buy armor.

TB-7567

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 15 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]