Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Jared Buist Acceptance Statement for 2017 BCS Squad Leader
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:40 pm 
Beggars Canyon Squad Leader
Bounty Hunter Master

I'm extremely honored to have been chosen to be the 2nd ever Squad Leader for Beggar's Canyon Squad. I feel like there are some exciting times ahead for all of us!

It might be a little while before there are any real changes, as I try to get a handle on what exactly my role is and what things I can realistically do, but I figured we get right in to something our members in our Squad, and even some of Alpine, will be excited about...

SWAG!

I'm going to be working with Karl... actually, Karl will be taking the reins on this project and I will be helping him any way I can.

We want to do another run of BCS shirts and Patches this year, and potentially our first (I believe) Beggar's Canyon Squad coin. I know our patches are pretty rare, so I think we can get a pretty high interest for those from our Squad and even Alpine Garrison members. Karl has shown interest and excitement in this, so I'd like to give him a chance to take the lead on this and show what he can do.

That is how I would like to lead this Squad. If there is anything that drives you, or excites you, let me know, and if you want to take charge on that idea, I'll let you run with it. I'll be there to help with anything you need on the way. If there are any events you would like to do, go ahead and coordinate them and get them posted and let us all know, we are all here to help each other and I would like to see everyone take initiative on something when the opportunity arises.

I would also like to have a Squad meeting soon, perhaps this Summer when things slow down for everyone we can throw a BBQ and meet up, have all of our Squad members meet and get to know each other and discuss what we want to see from our Squad this year. I'll be posting a topic in our Beggar's Canyon Squad section to get any ideas on a date that works best for everyone, or at least the majority of us.

Aliya and I will be attending the Annual Alpine Meeting in the beginning of March, where I will hopefully get some time to talk to our CO and let her know our goals for the Squad and hopefully she will have some ideas for us as well. If there are others coming up from our Squad that would be awesome, as I would love to see some representation of us at this meeting! I also believe that this meeting will be on Skype, so any members that can't make it can join us digitally Also let me know if there is anything you would like me to ask her while I am there. We'll have more opportunities to meet with the CO later this year as well as she has planned to visit us down here.

This is an exciting new year for our Squad and I hope I can do my best to raise our Squad closer to our maximum potential and get even closer to becoming a Garrison!

Thanks again, everyone! Here's to a great year!

redblurr likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: Jared Buist Acceptance Statement for 2017 BCS Squad Leader
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Stormtrooper 1st Class

Congrats, excited for you & the Squad Jared.

Also, put me down as interested in the BCS patch run

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver