1, 2
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Tie/Reserve Pilot WIP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:09 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Hello my fellow Imperials!

I'd like to go ahead and get started on my first costume, and what I had in mind was a Tie Reserve Pilot, that I would later convert into a full-blown Tie Fighter Pilot. I haven't actually started yet, but when I do I'll be posting my progress on this page.

The only thing is I'm having some difficulty registering for an account on the Jolly Roger Squadron forum, so I don't have access to those resources. After doing some research elsewhere (some of elsewhere being this forum, so thanks for being so helpful!), I thought I'd buy the belt, hat, and gloves from Wampa Wear, the flightsuit from CosplaySky (Wampa Wear's flightsuits are sold out), and some jack boots from ImperialBoots.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions or experiences with any of these products or sellers before I went ahead and started purchasing things, and I'm open to alternative suggestions if anyone has any particular sellers they like. Oh and does anyone know how the sizes run at ImperialBoots? If I wear a size 11 shoe would I be safe to just order a size 11 boot?

I'm also still looking for a good place to get a compad.

Post subject: Re: Tie/Reserve Pilot WIP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Commander Apprentice

Hi, There are a few members here who have used all of those vendors before. I'm sure one of them will chime in.
As for JRS access. most of our forums now check the IP address when signing up if you have a VPN or similar service running try turning it off and try applying again.

Worst case scenario let one of us know we can always message the JRS detachment command to get you access.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:55 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Bounty Hunter 2nd Class

Greetings!
I ordered my Deathtrooper boots through Imperial Boots, and being based overseas, I did play it safe and went one size up from 9 to a 10 and they fit perfectly.

Attachments:
RyanHGreedo.png

RyanHGreedo.png [ 657.68 KiB | Viewed 181 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:20 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

So to get access to the JRS forums, go to this link (https://www.jrs501st.com/support/) and open a ticket. They usually respond quickly and should get you squared away.

As for your vendors, all make great products and you shouldn't have much issue. Many have ordered from Wampawear and have been approved no problem. I bought my TK boots from Imperial Boots and they ran true to size. Not sure about the jackboots but I imagine they'd be the same.

As for a compad, there is a vendor on the JRS forums. Just look in the sales section once you get access.

I was recently approved with both a reserve pilot and full pilot earlier this year. Please let me know if you need help and I'll be happy to get you squared away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:25 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Just an update

I just ordered hat, belt, and gloves from wampa wear a few minutes ago. Still cannot access the JRS forums, I just created a ticket though.

My shoe size would probably be 10.8 if that were a real size, but it's not. So I was a little apprehensive about getting a full size up, but I wasn't sure I wanted to just order an 11 and have it be too small, but IB doesn't have half sizes, so I was thinking maybe I'd try the sovietboots jackboots because I can get them in 11.5 and they are almost as highly recommended as ImperialBoots from what I've seen. Or do you guys think I'd still be better off going for ImperialBoots?

Still getting measurements for the flightsuit, between having classes and having an on campus job, I spend nearly all my day at school and haven't had much time to take measurements, I've done some, but I still need to do more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:08 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

I finally got my flightsuit, hat, belt, and gloves in the mail. Still waiting on the boots to arrive, and I haven't gotten around to ordering a compad yet. Not so much because of technical difficulties this time as much as just making the time to do so.

Let me know if you spot anything I should know about, or if you'd like to see a picture of something specific

Attachments:
3708.jpeg

3708.jpeg [ 91.37 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]
3707.jpeg

3707.jpeg [ 74.57 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]
3704.jpeg

3704.jpeg [ 125.35 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Forgot the forward facing picture

Attachments:
3730.jpeg

3730.jpeg [ 532.4 KiB | Viewed 115 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Republic Commando Apprentice

Just an observation, but it looks like the gloves you have there are going to be wrong. According to the CRL, they cannot have those lines going from your wrist to the knuckles.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Looking at the CRL the lines are optional. So they should be allowed.

" Black Gauntlet Gloves
For 501st approval:
Black, leather or leather-like, enclosed fingered, non-textured, (normal leather grain/texture/lines are acceptable) fitted gauntlet style.
No buckles, straps, or decorative stitching.
Three straight lines, on the back of the hand (that match some references), are optional.

For level two certification (if applicable):
Gloves are made of leather.
For level three certification (if applicable):
Gauntlets slightly flair-out, upward from the wrist to the mid-forearm."

I am still a newbie, so take my info with a grain of salt.

Reideemer likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 pm 

Draven wrote:
Looking at the CRL the lines are optional. So they should be allowed.

" Black Gauntlet Gloves
For 501st approval:
Black, leather or leather-like, enclosed fingered, non-textured, (normal leather grain/texture/lines are acceptable) fitted gauntlet style.
No buckles, straps, or decorative stitching.
Three straight lines, on the back of the hand (that match some references), are optional.

For level two certification (if applicable):
Gloves are made of leather.
For level three certification (if applicable):
Gauntlets slightly flair-out, upward from the wrist to the mid-forearm."

I am still a newbie, so take my info with a grain of salt.

My apologies! Earlier this week I was reviewing CRLs for other costumes that are quire similar to this one, such as the Bridge and scanning crew costumes. THOSE costumes are not allowed to have the lines, and this one specifically calls them out as being optional.

THANK YOU!!! Prime example of keeping the GML on his toes at his new job!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:13 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Reideemer wrote:
My apologies! Earlier this week I was reviewing CRLs for other costumes that are quire similar to this one, such as the Bridge and scanning crew costumes. THOSE costumes are not allowed to have the lines, and this one specifically calls them out as being optional.

Your welcome. I was afraid I might have been over stepping my role as I haven't finished my first costume yet.

Reideemer likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 pm 

Draven wrote:
Reideemer wrote:

Your welcome. I was afraid I might have been over stepping my role as I haven't finished my first costume yet.

Not out of line at all! You found a mistake, and showed how it was supposed to be in order to correct what was wrong! I LOVE IT when people present a way to correct problems with something solid to support it! Well done, and keep those CRL senses tingling!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:08 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper 2nd Class

Strange question by bear with me. Did you come to the George Wahlen veterans run and chili cook off Saturday up in Ogden area?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 am 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet

Ok, I got my boots in the mail. After a visit to the cobbler I got my belt cut down to size and my boots are now comfortable enough to wear (though still not the best). Now I just need the commpad and it should be complete! I haven't ordered one yet but I was thinking of going with targworks. And I was at the run and cook off this weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

It looks like you are getting close to being done. Do you have any questions or need any help to get this all squared away?

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]