Home Page Home Page  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Reideemer Build Progression
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:30 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Republic Commando Apprentice

So I have decided to go ahead with the TK kit from Far Away Creations (MonCal) after I stopped by their shop in order to try on their kit in person to make sure it would work for me.
-I have been attempting to contact him one last time to get a few more questions answered regarding what will be in the 'full kit' so that if required I can make some more minor additions to the purchase before it gets charged to the card. Other than that the kit should be ordered and paid by the end of next week.
-I have been in touch with Ken about getting a holster as well as a pauldron started, and will update when that is received.
-I will be taking a trip to the under armor shop down south this weekend to purchase the under armor 2 piece and balaclava.
-I have been in touch with the folks at TKboots.com, however they do not have my size in stock, nor do they know when their next run in that size will be. I am looking into secondary supplier options, including my friend who custom makes them. These are a little bit more expensive than a normal TK boot, but quality often comes at a higher price.
-Darman on the Clonetroopers.net and on the Whitearmor.net forum is offering to make a TK neck seal with Velcro for me for about $35, but I wanted to hear from some of you what/who you used for your seals. Sean, Maritza specifically called you out since yours is attached to your undersuit, and suggested I ask how you got that setup. Was your custom build that way, or did you do it after the purchase?

I also decided that I am going to start work on a Republic Commando as well. This will be a very long process, as the armor will require A LOT of weathering and tweaking depending on which member of Delta Squad i finally decide to go with (I am currently looking at Boss, so that shouldn't have too many special attachments).
-I have selected an armor kit (TZA) as suggested by the 501st's RC Advisor on Clonetroopers.net (FOO), and also have found someone in the Rebel Legion who has a similar setup (not familiar with his Rebel Legion site name since I am not signed up there, but know him on Facebook). This purchase will be made once tax return funds come in here in the next few days. (the image is from someone on the RPF who ordered a TZA kit as well, not me)
-FOO also makes an amazing RC neckseal, and that order has been placed. It should ship out some time next week.
-I have information regarding RC wepons, but am looking into more advanced options than just a 3D printed block weapon. There are some pretty cool ones out there which have all sorts of build in electronics, but cost may become a factor with those at some point as the 3D printed ones are already around $250-$300 unpainted.

My wife, StarJay, has been looking into the IOC and the imperial admiral costumes pretty heavily, and even has ordered a set from Cosplayski. The ease at which this order was made has already got me thinking about ordering a set for myself and working towards a General Veers....But I think that can wait until a little more progress has been made on the other two!

As parts arrive, I will post updates with pictures if possible.

Post subject: Re: Reideemer Build Progression
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:41 pm 
Garrison Captain of the Guard
Clone Trooper Master

Just so you know, Darman (from clonetroopers.net) did my clonetrooper neck-seal. I can verify that he did amazing job. But it was a clone neck-seal, and I've never seen the ones made for TKs. But given the attention to detail, I can only assume that they will be equally awesome.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:52 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member

jacketrat wrote:
Just so you know, Darman (from clonetroopers.net) did my clonetrooper neck-seal. I can verify that he did amazing job. But it was a clone neck-seal, and I've never seen the ones made for TKs. But given the attention to detail, I can only assume that they will be equally awesome.

I noted on his clonetroopers post that he had several different kinds of seals. Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you ordered a clone seal, not recieved a clone by accident, right? I will make sure I tell him I am looking at the one with the horizontal bands to hopefully avoid confusion just in case.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:58 pm 
Clone Trooper Master

Sorry for the confusion. I am a 501st Vader's Fist clonetrooper, and I did order the appropriate neck-seal. And I got exactly what I ordered, and was very happy with his work. Therefore, I can only assume that if you order a TK neck-seal, you will be equally happy.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:01 pm 
Clone Trooper Master

BTW ... if you are researching boots for your Republic Commando, be sure to check out Crow62. He makes excellent boots for the various clones. But to also warn you, the wait for his boots are extremely long. He says the work will be completed in 21 days. But realistically, you'll probably be waiting for 6 months. But you'll be happy with the results. So if you want the best boots, and know you're going for the Republic Commando, order them now.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:20 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member

jacketrat wrote:
BTW ... if you are researching boots for your Republic Commando, be sure to check out Crow62. He makes excellent boots for the various clones. But to also warn you, the wait for his boots are extremely long. He says the work will be completed in 21 days. But realistically, you'll probably be waiting for 6 months. But you'll be happy with the results. So if you want the best boots, and know you're going for the Republic Commando, order them now.

Thanks! the RC advisor also suggested I get in touch with crow62 for the boots. I haven't had the chance to do a lot of searching on those, but since I have multiple recommendations, now I have a definite go-to source for them! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:53 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your builds move along. Looks like the stormtroopers in the garrison are working on making sure there are more TKs than scouts out and about!

I have also heard nothing but good about neck seals from Darman. And I can also vouch for the quality as I've seen the one Nate has (again that is a clone neck seal, but the quality is amazing so I'm sure it's the same for everything he makes).

My TK neck seal from back when I first joined with a TD was made by TK409. I am not sure if he still makes them but his website is http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html So that could be another source to look into.

TB-7567

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:34 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member

Most of the places listed on tk409 were very outdated, but I did email someone from one of the resources listed for Boots' customer service department to see if the $60-$80 TK boots are still applicable.

In the mean time, I found this:
http://imperialboots.com/product-category/boots/
Has anyone had any experience with this company? Whitearmor.net is praising it, but I was hoping someone locally might have had some dealings with them. My only concern is they don't go above a US mens size 13. I will email them and see if they can do a special order 14.

Splat, they have Magma boots as well.

Last edited by Reideemer on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:43 pm 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

sweet!!!

SciFiChick
TD-5096
Stay above the fray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:09 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Crew 1st Class

Good looking stuff. Excited to see how these turn out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 am 
Alpine Garrison Member

I heard back from imperialboots.com. due to the Chinese New Year, their production has slowed for the time being, but I have been given assurances that they will be able to make a size 15 for me as soon as their order of soles come in. The norm for this company is only up to a size 13, so this is a huge relief.

I should have my final order placed with Mon Cal today. Full set of untrimmed armor with the assemby kit.

I have had some issues finding a good set of plain black under armor. Maritza has made some interesting alternative ideas, so I will be expanding my search from under armor in to other potential bodysuit candidates.

I am waiting to hear back from Crow62 regarding the RC boots availability in my size.

Once I have more information regarding these, I will post the updates.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member

These are the boots available from caboots.com, listed on tk409.com

I am not sure how these compare to tkboots.com and imperialboots.com. they may be a bit cheaper than the others, but this will require more research to find prior customers who can conform that these are 501st approvable.

I also heard back from mon cal about armor wait times. Bad news - they are backed up to about 20 weeks, which is way longer than I wanted to wait. I asked him if a priority/rush order was possible andam waiting to hear back. If 20 weeks seems normal, please let me know. I don't want to delay the build that far if possible.

I am ordering my neck seal tonight from darman.

it looks like i may be ordering and receiving my RC armor before the TK set is even built.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:43 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

I know instead of under armor a lot of troopers use dive skins. Or at least that used to be a very common choice back when I got my TD approved in 2008. Could be worth looking into.

I think 20 weeks is a reasonable wait time. Especially for a good kit like that. The more accurate suits tend to be the ones with longer wait times. Sometimes they only pull a few sets at a time so orders tend to be more spaced out. I also think the wait is probably longer because he is focusing on getting things done for Celebration the end of April. I have noticed on the Legion boards that some of the armorers/prop makers aren't taking any more orders until after Celebration is over.

TB-7567

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:31 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member

My biggest issue is that when I visited their shop, they told me they could have it pulled, cut, and shipped within a week. Jumping from that to 20 weeks is a bit extreme...

I emailed asking for an explanation for the misquoted initial delivery time. If we can work somethingout to get this resolved, then I will continue my purchase from him. I will be looking at alternative suppliers.

*UPDATE*
I have been in touch with the guys over at AM armor. They are a bit cheaper cost than MC, and I think more people are familiar with their work. If AM can beat out MC, then they will get the sale. It will all depend on who answers my recent emails more to my liking...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member

Found gloves for the RC build. I am looking for a cheaper pair. They currently go for about $100, as they were meant to be used for law enforcement.

I heard back from AM armor. They said if I order today, it will ship tomorrow morning and arrive at my door within 3-5 days, and it will cost $100 less than MC. Order placed, and should have shipping/tracking info in the morning. FRIGGIN EXCITED!

I will probably be looking for an armor party here soon as well! If anyone is looking to hold one, or for me to hold one, please let me know!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]