Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: How I wired up my helmet fans
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Master

I've been asked by a couple people how I did the fans for my bucket so I thought I'd post it here in case any of the new cadets were looking for the same information.

First I purchased 5v computer squirrel fans from amazon, these are the ones I use

For the power source I use an anker rechargeable battery pack used to recharge cell phones.

The connection between the fans and the battery is just a standard usb cable that you'll cut to length.

I first started by figuring out where I wanted the fans and the battery pack inside my bucket and placing velcro in those spots and on the back of the fans so I can make adjustments with the direction of air flow. Knowing where you want them also helps to determine if you need to add some additional wire to connect the fans together.

Next I start to connect the fans together. Red wires to red wires and black to black. The fans you get could have different colors in that case connect the same color to the same color. If you need extra wire you can use some from the usb cable once you cut it to the length you need.

I trimmed the usb cable to about 6" long.inside you'll find 4 wires. Red, black, green, and blue. Red is your power and black is the ground, the blue and green are data wires and are not used so trim these 2 so they don't get in the way.

In order to turn the fans on/off I just plug in or unplug the usb cable. This means you have to plug in the cable before you put your bucket on and there are no switches because I couldn't reach them anyways.

Here's the inside of my bucket although it's slightly different now the fans are still the same.

LoveMonkey and redblurr like this post.
 Post subject: Re: How I wired up my helmet fans
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:52 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Snowtrooper 1st Class

Good post. Thanks

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver