Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
AlpineGarrison.com

Official webpage for the Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion

Serving the great state of Utah since 1999









  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver


Home Page Home Page  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:38 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
quick update for everyone.

Most of my armor is complete and I'm just buttoning up a couple more items and doing my final fitting and trimming. I should be able to finally actually wear all the armor at the same time by the end of this week if everything cooperates :).

I'm also switching from TK to TD which some of you already know and I'm hoping to have the pauldron and the pouches by the 21st. I still need to order my belt which I'll do tonight or tomorrow as well.

As far as weathering I've already contacted Mark and hopefully, his schedule permitting, we can meet up near the end of the month and finish my kit up and take my submission photos.

The end is so close I cant wait!

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
LoveMonkey likes this post.
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:07 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
Belt and pauldron were ordered today and I'm on the list for my pouches which I'll buy next week. The pouches have a 1 week lead time so it's going to be close if I can try and get approved by the end of the month

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:00 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper 2nd Class

Joined: April 5, 2016
Posts: 153
Age: 25
Awesome! I just ordered my pouches today too. Which ones did you get?


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
twalk13 wrote:
Awesome! I just ordered my pouches today too. Which ones did you get?

I'm ordering a small and medium Spanish pouch and an mp40 pouch for my shoulder. Those are the pouches the trooper has if I want to try for swat

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
OK I'm so close to finally being done playing with my armor. Just need to do some final adjustments and I'll be good.

If anyone is available this weekend to have a good look at my armor with it on I'd appreciate it, just in case it's needed I'm building a sandtrooper. I also need some pictures taken to submit to trigger, per marks request, so she can make any suggestions that I need to fix before Mark helps me get it dirty.

Mark has graciously set aside the 29th of this month to help with the weathering, despite his busy schedule, and I want to be ready so we can make the most of his time.

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm 
Garrison Academy Instructor
User avatar
TIE Pilot Master

Joined: March 4, 2013
Posts: 631
Location: north salt lake utah
Age: 46
There is an armor party on May 28th

With guns this big who needs to aim
ID-TB-TI-IN-IG
Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:17 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
Fortytwo wrote:
There is an armor party on May 28th


Yeah I've seen that down at Jim's house but I'll need time to make any corrections from trigger before going to marks house on the 29th

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:57 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Joined: May 25, 2015
Posts: 1640
Location: Eagle Mountain
Age: 31
jason10012 wrote:
OK I'm so close to finally being done playing with my armor. Just need to do some final adjustments and I'll be good.

If anyone is available this weekend to have a good look at my armor with it on I'd appreciate it, just in case it's needed I'm building a sandtrooper. I also need some pictures taken to submit to trigger, per marks request, so she can make any suggestions that I need to fix before Mark helps me get it dirty.

Mark has graciously set aside the 29th of this month to help with the weathering, despite his busy schedule, and I want to be ready so we can make the most of his time.


Let me check with the boss and see if I can possibly help.

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:17 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
LoveMonkey wrote:
jason10012 wrote:
OK I'm so close to finally being done playing with my armor. Just need to do some final adjustments and I'll be good.

If anyone is available this weekend to have a good look at my armor with it on I'd appreciate it, just in case it's needed I'm building a sandtrooper. I also need some pictures taken to submit to trigger, per marks request, so she can make any suggestions that I need to fix before Mark helps me get it dirty.

Mark has graciously set aside the 29th of this month to help with the weathering, despite his busy schedule, and I want to be ready so we can make the most of his time.


Let me check with the boss and see if I can possibly help.


ok sounds good thanks kirk

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:48 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
Finally some real updates with my armor....PICTURES YAY!!

The orange pauldron and the shoulder pouch are Kirks he let me wear them to get a better idea of what my TD will look like. I'm doing a white pauldron and a slightly different shoulder pouch I'm just waiting for them to show up.

Image

Image

I've send these as well as the side pictures to Trigger for review as well so if I need to make any corrections prior to doing the weathering I can get them done.

In the home stretch now, I need to add some foam to the shins to keep them from spinning and I'm getting some nasty armor bite on my right forearm so I'm going to need to trim it a little as well on the front side of my elbow.

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:12 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 741
Age: 42
Image

Image

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
mikkonator likes this post.
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: jason10012 WIP stormtrooper build
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:11 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Snowtrooper 1st Class

Joined: December 23, 2009
Posts: 275
Location: Millcreek
Age: 30
Looks great all weathered. Good job on the build.


  Profile  
 
Top
Search for:
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Home Page Home Page  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3

Time zone: America/Denver


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  

cron

The 501st Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans.
While it is not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred Imperial costuming group.
Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm.
© 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.