Home Page Home Page  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: LoveMonkey's AM 2.0 TD Build with Pack and Blasters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:50 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Well, big brown box day finally came. Opened it up and I'm very pleased with what I see so far. Now to the intimidating part of trimming and fitting.

Will keep you guys updated with this and any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Last edited by LoveMonkey on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: LoveMonkey's AM 2.0 TK Build
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Apprentice

Have you created an account with whitearmor.net yet? You'll get some GREAT advice there, and find the best parts around for your :trooper:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:33 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Hutch wrote:
Have you created an account with whitearmor.net yet? You'll get some GREAT advice there, and find the best parts around for your :trooper:

I've already been there and got an account. Been binge reading that site as much as I have time for.

For anyone who wants, I'll try and keep this thread updated. You can also follow my whitearmor build thread at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31861-lovemonkeys-am-20-build-thread/

Anyways, I can't wait to see some of you this weekend and get a look at a completed set in-person before I start my build.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 am 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Republic Commando Apprentice

Glad to see that the brown box of happiness arrived with all parts intact!

Just to give you something fairly easy to do towards your build, look up the cover strips you will need for your arms and legs. You should have strips for front and back of your arms, as well as legs. The best way to cut them is by table saw. I started off by measuring the fronts of my legs and cutting them down to the size of my strips, applied some of the trimmings as an inside strip, and then applied the front strips. The backs can be done later after you measure you arm/leg size requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:14 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Reideemer wrote:

Just to give you something fairly easy to do towards your build, look up the cover strips you will need for your arms and legs. You should have strips for front and back of your arms, as well as legs. The best way to cut them is by table saw. I started off by measuring the fronts of my legs and cutting them down to the size of my strips, applied some of the trimmings as an inside strip, and then applied the front strips. The backs can be done later after you measure you arm/leg size requirements.

Thank you for this. I've been seeing a lot of mention of cover strips, and I need to research a bit more so I understand exactly what they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:07 am 

LoveMonkey wrote:
Reideemer wrote:

Thank you for this. I've been seeing a lot of mention of cover strips, and I need to research a bit more so I understand exactly what they are.

Whitearmor.net tutorials will have a section on arms that covers the butt plate/cover strips. You will have different sizes for the arms than you will for the leg fronts and leg backs.

Also just to clarify, use a table saw to cut cover strips, not to cut your armor. You should have recieved 5 or 6 spare lengths of unaltered ABS to measure and cut for the strips. Make sure you take into account the amount that the sawblades take awat from each cut so you do not cut the strips too small.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:25 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
TIE Pilot 2nd Class

Seeing all that armor gives me anxiety and excitement for my Anovos Kit to arrive. Hopefully it gets here before I leave. Good luck with your build.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:48 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Reideemer wrote:
LoveMonkey wrote:
Reideemer wrote:

Whitearmor.net tutorials will have a section on arms that covers the butt plate/cover strips. You will have different sizes for the arms than you will for the leg fronts and leg backs.

Also just to clarify, use a table saw to cut cover strips, not to cut your armor. You should have recieved 5 or 6 spare lengths of unaltered ABS to measure and cut for the strips. Make sure you take into account the amount that the sawblades take awat from each cut so you do not cut the strips too small.

Thanks for the tip. Haven't had time yet but will be looking to start the cover strips soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:06 am 

I couldn't link these earlier as I was posting from my phone, so here you go...

Arms - 15mm strips on both sides of the bicep/forearm
http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorial-arms

Legs - 20mm strips on the front/ 25mm strips on the back
http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorials-legs

The tutorial says to use an exacto knife and a ruler. These tools are easily obtainable, but a table saw works a lot faster. Again, if you use a table saw, be sure you account for the width of the blade. An exacto may be much smoother of a cut (and honestly I may go this path with my commando) but be careful not to have a cut that is not deep enough and then accidentally damage the strip. Also be sure you sand down the edges and slightly round the corners prior to attaching the strips to the armor. Its not very easy once it is glues in place without tearing away the strip.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:14 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Reideemer wrote:
I couldn't link these earlier as I was posting from my phone, so here you go...

Arms - 15mm strips on both sides of the bicep/forearm
http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorial-arms

Legs - 20mm strips on the front/ 25mm strips on the back
http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorials-legs

The tutorial says to use an exacto knife and a ruler. These tools are easily obtainable, but a table saw works a lot faster. Again, if you use a table saw, be sure you account for the width of the blade. An exacto may be much smoother of a cut (and honestly I may go this path with my commando) but be careful not to have a cut that is not deep enough and then accidentally damage the strip. Also be sure you sand down the edges and slightly round the corners prior to attaching the strips to the armor. Its not very easy once it is glues in place without tearing away the strip.

Thanks for all of this. I will take a look as soon as possible.

Post subject: Re: LoveMonkey's AM 2.0 TD Build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:24 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

While waiting for the armor party at the end of the month, I was able to get a pair of Imperial Boots. They arrived today and look great along with fitting nicely. Need to wear them in a bit before I start trooping but there is plenty of time to do that. If you are looking for boots, I can't recommend Imperial Boots enough.

Also, you can follow my main build thread here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13751

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

I've updated my build threads at both whitearmor.net and mepd.net. Check them out!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:05 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Ok, so here is a small update. I was able to work on the forearms at an armor party about two weekends ago. I did not have enough magnets or glue to finish them up, so they are still a work in progress. In the downtime while I have been getting those supplies, I've been trimming and fitting the biceps. One side is complete and now starting to glue while the other one has just begun trimming.

The goal is to be done for Comic Con, so here's hoping!

Also, I've been able to order the pauldron, pouches, canvas belt, and all the other items I'm missing. I think the only thing left is to get it built and then I can work on the backpack and blaster.

Some pictures of the progress:

Biceps

Forearms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:06 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Also, for those who may be looking for pouches, blaster 8466 on mepd.net makes fantastic pouches. Definitely worth the money!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 am 

Looks good so far! If you have issues with fit, you can get some of the pipe insulation from lowes or home Depot to help center it on your arms/legs

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver