Update time. This one is going to be longer, so kudos for anyone who sticks through it all. And I apologize for the lack of updates, but personal life has been crazy and I haven’t had as much time for this build or updating this thread as I would like.
A few weeks ago I tried my idea on the tool box of filling it with insulation foam to make it a bit more sturdy. I also attempted to hand-construct the exhaust port. Neither went very well. The exhaust port turned out very boxy and square looking and I used too much insulation foam in the tool box, making the box really bulge once the foam expanded (I guess that’s what happens when you’ve never used insulation foam before). The tool box also turned out very boxy and square looking as well and I just wasn’t happy with the way either turned out. After I pulled the tool box apart, I even found uncured foam in the middle due to the large amount I applied.
Needless to say I went back to the drawing board. I stopped all work and I spent some time researching, researching and researching some more. The build was feeling a lot harder than it should be and I wanted to research to figure out how to make it easier.
After all the research, I decided to switch packs and make pack #4.
It appeared that it will be much easier for someone of my ability and funds to make. The shotgun shells should be very easy compared to the exhaust port and the tool box is a Tuppercraft piece from eBay, so no fabrication there either. I think with this pack I should hit my goal of being deployed here.
Lastly, before I get to the pictures, here is a list of the supplies I’m using for anyone who wants a nice, compiled list. It’s not a complete list but contains some of the bigger items:
Small update here. I spent some time yesterday getting the paint on all the pieces. It's been quite overcast/rainy/windy around here, so getting this to work out has been tricky. Thankfully With the new patch run open from Gordonator over at MEPD, I have extra motivation to get this done and get my deployed application in so I can get all the patch rockers and tabs I want.
Hopefully more picture to follow this weekend. I'm hoping to have it fully assembled by Sunday night.
Barring any unforseen catastrophic accidents, pack should be done this weekend. Only a few minor attachments left and the paint touchups and it should be good. I hope to have final pictures and comments up this weekend.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum