Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:19 am 
Neon City Garrison
Sith Lord Apprentice

Dount Cooku wrote:
I found another bug while clicking around this morning. Go to the Members page and click on any cadet to bring up their Cadet Profile. Then click on the link next to "Alias". I got a 404 error for every cadet that I tried (about 10 or so). I tried several members, and I did not get a 404, so this appears to be something specific to cadets, perhaps the way their board profile works versus their Cadet Profile.

Then right click

If this works put it as your status.

ahahahahaha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
Bounty Hunter Master

Dount Cooku wrote:
I found another bug while clicking around this morning. Go to the Members page and click on any cadet to bring up their Cadet Profile. Then click on the link next to "Alias". I got a 404 error for every cadet that I tried (about 10 or so). I tried several members, and I did not get a 404, so this appears to be something specific to cadets, perhaps the way their board profile works versus their Cadet Profile.

Thanks for spotting that, Mark. I don't edit the live site anymore, so it will have to go into the next website release. I'm almost done with a major change to the events submission and calendar system. I'll include the cadet fix in that release which I should be able to roll out later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 1st Class

StarWars Nostradamus wrote:
Then right click

If this works put it as your status.

ahahahahaha

:doug:

Mark "IV"
SL-3478

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 am 
Timberline Garrison
Sith Lord Apprentice

Thanks for all your hard work on the new site Mike :)

Will the All Costumes button be coming back? I liked to be able to see the whole list.

my husband's the uber-geek, I just cos-play along.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:31 am 
Bounty Hunter Master

Woopdeedo wrote:
Mike, am I just missing it, or is the spellcheck not here?

Spell Check is *NOT* a default phpBB feature and I did not add it into the new site. I am not currently planning on adding it either. I don't think the spell check mods out there work that well. I *DO*, however, believe that good spelling is essential to effective communication. Allow me to suggest that you use a spell checker in your web browser. As Nic mentioned, Firefox has one built in and you can download one for Internet Explorer here...
http://www.iespell.com/

Woopdeedo wrote:
Also, I miss seeing how many people were on the boards 'today' - anyway that can comeback?

Yes, I need to modify the board code for that. It will be back soon.

ladybritannia wrote:
Will the All Costumes button be coming back? I liked to be able to see the whole list.

I've had several requests to bring back that feature. I'll add it back in soon.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:03 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Grand Master

I recently tried to comment on some photos but found no place to put a comment. Am I doing something wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:22 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

Mike, I should have posted this earlier, but I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE the slideshow on the homepage! It's an instant visual example of all of the different types of events we do, and the fun that we have, I'm sure it's great for those checking out the site for the first time. And now that there are pictures with me in the slideshow, I could watch it for hours! Just wanted to say thanks! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:26 pm 
Bounty Hunter Master

bluehickey wrote:
I absolutely LOVE the slideshow on the homepage!

Glad you like it, Ryan! :D

I just barely rolled out some changes to the slideshow. It's all detailed here...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8498

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:03 pm 
Southern California Garrison
Royal Guard Enlistee

I think the site looks great.

LANDO CAUCASIAN

Click for bad Singing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Gunner Enlistee

I am new to the Garrison and I do apologize for my ignorance. I want to sign up for events that are coming up and I don't know how to do that. There are two events in Ogden city I want to attend. The St Josephs Catholic School STEM night and the The Light Side of Special Needs. I also going to Fan X in March. I just wanted to let the Alpine Garrison Command that I will be there to serve the empire and my community. Thanks for all your help signing off IG-92567

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Master

Gunstar1234 wrote:
I am new to the Garrison and I do apologize for my ignorance. I want to sign up for events that are coming up and I don't know how to do that. There are two events in Ogden city I want to attend. The St Josephs Catholic School STEM night and the The Light Side of Special Needs. I also going to Fan X in March. I just wanted to let the Alpine Garrison Command that I will be there to serve the empire and my community. Thanks for all your help signing off IG-92567

Thats an easy one :), go to the event you wish to sign up for, if its from the "events" tab at the top you'll see some text that says "event thread" click on that and it will take you to where you can sign up. At the top of the thread you will see some drop down boxes, select the appropriate items from those drop down boxes and then hit the commit to event button and it should show you in the event attendees

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
Republic Commando Apprentice

jason10012 wrote:
Gunstar1234 wrote:

Thats an easy one :), go to the event you wish to sign up for, if its from the "events" tab at the top you'll see some text that says "event thread" click on that and it will take you to where you can sign up. At the top of the thread you will see some drop down boxes, select the appropriate items from those drop down boxes and then hit the commit to event button and it should show you in the event attendees

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know if he has been activated on the site yet as an active member...If that is the case, then you will need to message Handyman to activate your status and grant you access to the events thread as well as other members-only areas of the site.

Welcome to Alpine!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:58 am 
Bounty Hunter Master

Gunstar1234 wrote:

Greetings Gunstar1234,

Here's what you need to do. Click the "Join" button at the top, fill out the form, select the event that you want to attend first, and click "Submit." Each time you click on the Join button after that, you will see all the details you need to know to attend that event. Once you have attended the event, the Event Coordinator can then mark you present in our roll taking system and then you will be granted access to all of the hidden areas on the site including the Events forum.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]