Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
AlpineGarrison.com

Official webpage for the Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion

Serving the great state of Utah since 1999









  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]


Home Page Home Page  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:19 am 
Neon City Garrison
User avatar
Sith Lord Apprentice

Joined: May 27, 2004
Posts: 2174
Dount Cooku wrote:
I found another bug while clicking around this morning. Go to the Members page and click on any cadet to bring up their Cadet Profile. Then click on the link next to "Alias". I got a 404 error for every cadet that I tried (about 10 or so). I tried several members, and I did not get a 404, so this appears to be something specific to cadets, perhaps the way their board profile works versus their Cadet Profile.


Then right click

If this works put it as your status.


ahahahahaha


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
User avatar
Bounty Hunter Master

Joined: December 19, 2002
Posts: 6805
Location: Lehi, Utah
Age: 46
Dount Cooku wrote:
I found another bug while clicking around this morning. Go to the Members page and click on any cadet to bring up their Cadet Profile. Then click on the link next to "Alias". I got a 404 error for every cadet that I tried (about 10 or so). I tried several members, and I did not get a 404, so this appears to be something specific to cadets, perhaps the way their board profile works versus their Cadet Profile.

Thanks for spotting that, Mark. I don't edit the live site anymore, so it will have to go into the next website release. I'm almost done with a major change to the events submission and calendar system. I'll include the cadet fix in that release which I should be able to roll out later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Sith Lord 1st Class

Joined: June 23, 2004
Posts: 6938
Location: Orem, Utah
Age: 43
StarWars Nostradamus wrote:
Then right click

If this works put it as your status.


ahahahahaha


:doug:

Mark "IV"
SL-3478


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 am 
Timberline Garrison
User avatar
Sith Lord Apprentice

Joined: September 23, 2008
Posts: 342
Location: Western Idaho
Thanks for all your hard work on the new site Mike :)

Will the All Costumes button be coming back? I liked to be able to see the whole list.

Image
my husband's the uber-geek, I just cos-play along.


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:31 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
User avatar
Bounty Hunter Master

Joined: December 19, 2002
Posts: 6805
Location: Lehi, Utah
Age: 46
Woopdeedo wrote:
Mike, am I just missing it, or is the spellcheck not here?

Spell Check is *NOT* a default phpBB feature and I did not add it into the new site. I am not currently planning on adding it either. I don't think the spell check mods out there work that well. I *DO*, however, believe that good spelling is essential to effective communication. Allow me to suggest that you use a spell checker in your web browser. As Nic mentioned, Firefox has one built in and you can download one for Internet Explorer here...
http://www.iespell.com/

Woopdeedo wrote:
Also, I miss seeing how many people were on the boards 'today' - anyway that can comeback?

Yes, I need to modify the board code for that. It will be back soon.

ladybritannia wrote:
Will the All Costumes button be coming back? I liked to be able to see the whole list.

I've had several requests to bring back that feature. I'll add it back in soon.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:03 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Special Operations Grand Master

Joined: October 31, 2008
Posts: 3302
Location: Bountiful, UT
I recently tried to comment on some photos but found no place to put a comment. Am I doing something wrong?

Image
Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:22 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
User avatar
Stormtrooper Master

Joined: April 6, 2009
Posts: 1921
Location: Orem, Utah
Age: 43
Mike, I should have posted this earlier, but I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE the slideshow on the homepage! It's an instant visual example of all of the different types of events we do, and the fun that we have, I'm sure it's great for those checking out the site for the first time. And now that there are pictures with me in the slideshow, I could watch it for hours! Just wanted to say thanks! :clap:

Image

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:26 pm 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
User avatar
Bounty Hunter Master

Joined: December 19, 2002
Posts: 6805
Location: Lehi, Utah
Age: 46
bluehickey wrote:
I absolutely LOVE the slideshow on the homepage!

Glad you like it, Ryan! :D

I just barely rolled out some changes to the slideshow. It's all detailed here...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8498

Mike Handy
"Handyman"


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:03 pm 
Southern California Garrison
User avatar
Royal Guard Enlistee

Joined: May 12, 2008
Posts: 664
Location: Cedar Hills
Age: 43
I think the site looks great.

Image

LANDO CAUCASIAN

Click for bad Singing

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Imperial Gunner Enlistee

Joined: December 3, 2016
Posts: 12
I am new to the Garrison and I do apologize for my ignorance. I want to sign up for events that are coming up and I don't know how to do that. There are two events in Ogden city I want to attend. The St Josephs Catholic School STEM night and the The Light Side of Special Needs. I also going to Fan X in March. I just wanted to let the Alpine Garrison Command that I will be there to serve the empire and my community. Thanks for all your help signing off IG-92567


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
User avatar
Sandtrooper Master

Joined: December 31, 2015
Posts: 714
Location: Taylorsville
Age: 42
Gunstar1234 wrote:
I am new to the Garrison and I do apologize for my ignorance. I want to sign up for events that are coming up and I don't know how to do that. There are two events in Ogden city I want to attend. The St Josephs Catholic School STEM night and the The Light Side of Special Needs. I also going to Fan X in March. I just wanted to let the Alpine Garrison Command that I will be there to serve the empire and my community. Thanks for all your help signing off IG-92567


Thats an easy one :), go to the event you wish to sign up for, if its from the "events" tab at the top you'll see some text that says "event thread" click on that and it will take you to where you can sign up. At the top of the thread you will see some drop down boxes, select the appropriate items from those drop down boxes and then hit the commit to event button and it should show you in the event attendees

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm 
Alpine Garrison Membership Liaison
User avatar
Republic Commando Apprentice

Joined: October 14, 2014
Posts: 768
Location: Ogden, UT
Age: 34
jason10012 wrote:
Gunstar1234 wrote:
I am new to the Garrison and I do apologize for my ignorance. I want to sign up for events that are coming up and I don't know how to do that. There are two events in Ogden city I want to attend. The St Josephs Catholic School STEM night and the The Light Side of Special Needs. I also going to Fan X in March. I just wanted to let the Alpine Garrison Command that I will be there to serve the empire and my community. Thanks for all your help signing off IG-92567


Thats an easy one :), go to the event you wish to sign up for, if its from the "events" tab at the top you'll see some text that says "event thread" click on that and it will take you to where you can sign up. At the top of the thread you will see some drop down boxes, select the appropriate items from those drop down boxes and then hit the commit to event button and it should show you in the event attendees


Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know if he has been activated on the site yet as an active member...If that is the case, then you will need to message Handyman to activate your status and grant you access to the events thread as well as other members-only areas of the site.

Welcome to Alpine!

Image


  Profile  
 
Top
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the NEW AlpineGarrison.com Website
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:58 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
User avatar
Bounty Hunter Master

Joined: December 19, 2002
Posts: 6805
Location: Lehi, Utah
Age: 46
Gunstar1234 wrote:
I am new to the Garrison and I do apologize for my ignorance. I want to sign up for events that are coming up and I don't know how to do that. There are two events in Ogden city I want to attend. The St Josephs Catholic School STEM night and the The Light Side of Special Needs. I also going to Fan X in March. I just wanted to let the Alpine Garrison Command that I will be there to serve the empire and my community. Thanks for all your help signing off IG-92567

Greetings Gunstar1234,

Here's what you need to do. Click the "Join" button at the top, fill out the form, select the event that you want to attend first, and click "Submit." Each time you click on the Join button after that, you will see all the details you need to know to attend that event. Once you have attended the event, the Event Coordinator can then mark you present in our roll taking system and then you will be granted access to all of the hidden areas on the site including the Events forum.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"


  Profile  
 
Top
Search for:
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Home Page Home Page  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  

cron

The 501st Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans.
While it is not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred Imperial costuming group.
Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm.
© 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.