Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Legion Commander Comunidades!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:18 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Apprentice

Well I don't have any questions for you right now but in answer to yours, I'm great (thanks for asking), I'm loving being a part of the 501st and Alpine garrison and way too excited to go to CV (my first ever con)

Hope you and yours are well too :)

If I be waspish, best beware my sting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:54 pm 
501st Legion LCO

Nothing new? Hello?

While I'm here, let me spread the word about my personal project: the Galactic Cadet Academy. I am starting a new costuming project for all the young SW fans too young to join the Legion. It will be a combined Imp/Reb costume gallery. Altho it has no official ties with the 501st or RL, it will be in place for kids to feel the same sense of belonging we do with our clubs. Imagine the pride boys and girls and teens will feel when they see their pic in their own age category and wear their unit logo on their sleeve!

Tell all your friends who have little SW fans with costumes! Together we can rule the galaxy! For more information, just email us at info@galactic-academy.com

Now let's see more pics/cookies/questions/rotten tomatoes! :)

Albin Johnson
Trooper TK210

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am 
Friend of the Garrison
Imperial Crew 3rd Class

I think this is a great idea. There are plenty of kids who love Star Wars and costuming as their favorite characters.

I also like the idea of having it include both Rebel and Imperial costumes. I have thought for a long time that when it comes to trooping together the division between the 501st and RL is perhaps a hindrance. The public doesn't care much which "side" we're on, all they see is Star Wars and are happy to get any costumes they can at an event.

I wonder if it would be useful to have a International Star Wars Costuming Club made of the 501st, RL, and this Galactic Cadet Academy. Perhaps that would help coordinate troops between the different organizations. We are in the process of creating a new Rebel Base that covers the old boundaries of the Alpine Garrison before Timberline was created, and we're finding RL members out in Montana that have no idea that there are other Star Wars costumers out there besides themselves. It would have been nice to have been trooping with them all along.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 pm 
501st Legion LCO

Hey gang,
Making the rounds, albeit not as often as I'd like. Pretty soon I'll be asking for a new thread (if you're interested) called Founder Visits since I won't be running for LCO next term. I know some have criticized me for not making visits regularly enough and for that I apologize. However, I think a little is better than not-at-all and I will continue to make the rounds next year. If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see let me know.

Okay, so allow me to make some announcements if I may.

Item #1 - We no longer have mass-email support in the main forums so my news announcements have not been going out. I was not aware of this so please know we are still looking for submissions for Trooper of the Month for September and October.

Item #2 - We have a new poll up for ratifying an amendment to the charter. It has to do with minimum requirements for folks running for offices. Important stuff, so please vote. The discussion period is over for this proposal, but we have a couple more coming up so please be on the lookout on the main forums. You can view the current proposal and vote here:
http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60134

Item #3 - new LXO - please welcome Angela Mash as the new LXO. Ron Garner had to step down due to military obligations. Please feel free to contact Angela at bfett333@shaw.ca and congratulate her (or just complain about the food in the Death Star cafeteria).

Item #4 - Christmas Lanyards - Due to repeated requests for a run of these, we are now offering 501st lanyards in Christmas colors. We are also offering R2-KT lanyards in pink and we also still have a few regular 501st lanyards left in red and in black (less than 20 of the black left). All lanyards are $6 apiece plus $1 shipping for every five ordered. (Lanyards are $5 each for orders of 10 or more). You can paypal to albinj@sc.rr.com - please specify what you're ordering including color(s). You can see the goods here (click to enlarge):

Don't be shy. Make your Garrison buddies jealous. Get 'em now as the runs are limited. Make sure you troop with the Force *and* the Christmas spirit. :)

Item #5 - Charity Totals
Not sure if you heard the news, but the Legion Charity Representative, Scott Allen, reported last week that thanks to all the reports from Garrison Charity Reps from all over that we now have records showing $3.1 Million in charitable donations that the Legion had a hand in in 2010. Can you believe that? That's a crazy amount of money and enough to inspire us that we're making a huge difference. We're sure that's on the low-side as many units didn't report all of their activities. Please join us by helping boost that total with your report of charitable donations made on behalf of the 501st or generated as a result of activities in your community. Appoint your own unit Charity Rep and get in touch with Scott at darthvader501@gmail.com

So let me close up here before I go on too long. Post anything you want here: questions, comments, whatever and I'll be back soon. Your feedback is important and I do want to continue visiting the forums to get your input. If you can't reach me here, feel free to pm me at albinj@sc.rr.com.

As we go into the holidays let me say how much it means for me to have an extended family like the 501st. It may not be perfect, but we're over 5,000 strong and built to last. Please be safe. And thanks for making the Legion strong!

Albin Johnson
Trooper TK210

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 pm 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
Bounty Hunter Master

Thanks for the update, Albin!

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

Thank you for those updates Albin. I was very impressed with that total that the Legion has donated to various charities!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 1st Class

Our totals for 2009 were never even reported to the Legion because we didn't have a Charity Officer.

Christy Giles - TR/DZ 4780

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]