Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver

Home Page Home Page  [ 3 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What is going on???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Royal Guard 1st Class

I am not on the Comlink and find it a pain to hear info second hand. Where are the emails, etc. letting us know what we need to vote on, etc.???? I never saw anything about this last vote either, if it wasn't for getting a text about it.

The communication lacks and there has to be something better. Emails and Texts are the 2 easiest way for me to see what is going on. Hopefully something can be enacted so that the Communication is better.

Post subject: Re: What is going on???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 am 
Alpine Garrison Executive Officer
Sith Lord Apprentice

Hi Henry,
Please check your email inbox or spam filters. You should have got an email from Admin@501st.com. This email was from the Legion Captain of the Guard. He informed us about the Emergency Election that will be held due to our previous CO Stepping down. There is no vote right now, in fact there is no nominations right now. It is a check in period to ensure all who need access have access. Since you have checked in on that thread, I see that you do. In regards to you not knowing about the previous vote if not for the text you received, It was posted on the forum here and in the comlink. If you do not wish to be on the comlink that is your decision, all pertinent information will be posted to the forum, either Alpine or 501st. I would suggest regularly checking both if the Forums are the only way you wish to get information.
I think what you are referring to is the discussion in the comlink regarding the email having the wrong link. I have contacted the LCOGs and informed them and asked them to send out another official email with the correct link.
All of this process is defined in the Legion Charter. This is not our Command Staff running things, its in the Legions hands now. Furthermore the discussion for this Emergency Election needs to be held on the 501st forum where it will be moderated by the LCOGS not in the Alpine Forums. Let me know if you have any other questions

Garrison Executive Officer
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Janovsky36 likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: What is going on???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:28 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Royal Guard 1st Class

Drast wrote:
Hi Henry,
Please check your email inbox or spam filters. You should have got an email from Admin@501st.com. This email was from the Legion Captain of the Guard. He informed us about the Emergency Election that will be held due to our previous CO Stepping down. There is no vote right now, in fact there is no nominations right now. It is a check in period to ensure all who need access have access. Since you have checked in on that thread, I see that you do. In regards to you not knowing about the previous vote if not for the text you received, It was posted on the forum here and in the comlink. If you do not wish to be on the comlink that is your decision, all pertinent information will be posted to the forum, either Alpine or 501st. I would suggest regularly checking both if the Forums are the only way you wish to get information.
I think what you are referring to is the discussion in the comlink regarding the email having the wrong link. I have contacted the LCOGs and informed them and asked them to send out another official email with the correct link.
All of this process is defined in the Legion Charter. This is not our Command Staff running things, its in the Legions hands now. Furthermore the discussion for this Emergency Election needs to be held on the 501st forum where it will be moderated by the LCOGS not in the Alpine Forums. Let me know if you have any other questions

I wasn't talking about the 501st, I was talking about this last vote. If I hadn't been told about it, I would never have known. With today's technology, there is zero reason to not have this information out to everyone when something like this goes on.

The Comlink allows people to post all sorts of crap that is annoying which is why I quit following it. If the Comlink had pertinent information about troops and this kind of info, I would be part of it again. But I refuse to be on it when a few people constantly post all sorts of other crap that is not related. Yet, nothing was ever done about that.

Also, I don't live in the SLC/Provo valley area where most of the troopers are. That in itself makes it important to have communication to the rest of the troopers throughout the state by sending emails or texts.

Otherwise, if this group is going to continue in the direction it is going, it won't matter who pays attention to this except those who love the drama and causing the problems for the rest of us who enjoy trooping.

Rion Hahn likes this post.
Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 3 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver