View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 12 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CHARACTERS WANTED FOR 2016 HALLOWEEN PARTY IN CACHE VALLEY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 am 
Imperial Recruit

I work with the University Inn and Conference Center at Utah State University, and every year a colleague of mine and I are responsible for producing and running our department's annual Halloween Party. It's quite a production and we have a different theme each year. This year we've decided on Star Wars. To add to the spectacle, we are looking for a Darth Vader and at least two Imperial Storm Troopers who would be able to come and meet with our staff and their kids, and perhaps put on a short show.

The party will be held on Monday October 31st, 2016 from 12:30pm till 2:00pm at the Eccles Conference Center on the USU Campus. We have three rooms reserved at the University Inn for three Garrison guests who are able to come and help us out in the capacities I just mentioned. The rooms will be reserved for a Darth Vader and the first two Storm Troopers to commit to this party. THE ROOMS ARE FREE AND YOU WILL BE FED!

I know this is quite a ways out, but history has proven to us that the time between now and Halloween goes by quickly with all the events we hold during the year in our department, and I like to make plans before I become too busy and involved with my responsibilities.

Please let me know if any of you can make it, or if you have any questions.

Thank you
LoneWolf

Post subject: Re: CHARACTERS WANTED FOR 2016 HALLOWEEN PARTY IN CACHE VALLEY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:52 pm 
Inactive Alpine Garrison Member
Clone Commander Enlistee

of course as soon as i move out of logan, there is an event.. wish i could be there, best of luck!

LoneWolf likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:28 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

I may be of interest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:43 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Snowtrooper 1st Class

I may not be a TK but I'm very interested in this.

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:44 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Apprentice

Am I allowed to bring my spouse and kids with me?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:30 pm 
Imperial Recruit

You are more than welcome to bring your spouse and kids with you. I only have three rooms reserved at our inn right now, and one is being held specifically for whomever will come as Darth Vader. The first two Storm Troopers (Bike Troopers, Snow Troopers, AT-AT Pilots, etc.) to commit will each get one of the two rooms. I know it's still a ways out, and some might not be able to anticipate what their personal schedules/lives will be, so I won't expect a full commitment until at least mid-August.

Thanks to everyone who have shown interest so far!

My co-worker and I who are in charge of the annual Halloween party in our department just revealed the theme to our fellow staff members this past Tuesday. As we all know, our excitement for the next installment of the Star Wars Saga is increased through the anticipated movie trailers we see on television and at the movies. The reveal we did the other day came in the form of a trailer. The background story of this trailer is when my co-worker and I went to my storage unit to figure out what our next theme will be. We go through a chest and show items from past Halloween parties. Then I find something, and my co-worker and I concur on the new theme, and the montage begins. Here is the trailer for your entertainment: https://youtu.be/tGFI1fFP_AU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 pm 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
Sandtrooper Master

Hi all! Please hold off on this thread. Event is being evaluated!!

SciFiChick
TD-5096
Stay above the fray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:18 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Greetings, Alpine Garrison!

I have spoken with Alpine Garrison C.O., SciFiChick, and she has given me the “go ahead” to continue to ask for costumed/uniformed Garrison members to attend a Halloween party for the staff of the University Inn and Conference Center at Utah State University in Logan on Halloween Day. Your presence will help set the atmosphere and add those special elements of realism and enthusiasm for our beloved Star Wars!

I am looking for anyone who is able to come on Halloween Day (Monday Oct. 31st) from 12:00pm till 2:00pm dressed in full regalia. I am especially looking for someone who can attend as Darth Vader. Stormtroopers are also a priority. I would like to have enough for a security detail for Darth Vader’s entrance to the party, but the more the merrier!! Stormtroopers of various configurations and generations (Episodes 1-8) are welcome! Imperial Officers are also encouraged to attend!

Since part of our department is a hotel, I was able to reserve accommodations, free of charge, for THREE Alpine Garrison members (and their families if they wish to bring them) at the University Inn as a convenience for those who would rather travel to Logan on Sunday and have a comfortable place to change into costume/uniform the next day. These accommodations have been reserved for the first person to commit to dressing as Darth Vader and the first two Storm Troopers to commit. These rooms are good for the afternoon of Sunday Oct. 30th till mid-afternoon Monday Oct. 31st. We have rooms available as changing rooms at the conference center for those traveling up on Monday.

Here are the basic details:
DATE: MONDAY OCTOBER 31st
TIME: 12:00PM - 2:00PM
LOCATION: ECCLES CONFERENCE CENTER - UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS

The party will have a short and simple script to introduce Darth Vader (who will be accompanied by a Stormtrooper Security Detail) as the overseer of the party. I will be coordinating that script via e-mail and other communications over the next two months. I would like to do a quick rehearsal about an hour before the party. Again, it’ll be quite simple.

We will have places for photo opportunities with Vader and his troopers. There will be children of all ages, plus the staff, who would love to have their pictures taken with you!

Food and other refreshments will be provided by our staff.

We will also be holding a charity drive for two charities: Veterans with PTSD and the Cache Humane Society.

That’s it! I think this going to be a BLAST! With your help, it’ll be even better!!

If you have any questions, or would like to commit to coming, just reply to this post or send me an e-mail at michael.logan@usu.edu and we'll talk!

Thank you,

Mike Logan (“LoneWolf”)
Technical Coordinator
University Inn & Conference Center
Utah State University

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:50 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Master

Bumping this. looking to see if we have volunteers for vader and tk's primarily. Hotel has been offered for vader and 2 tk's (+family).

Please post interest. If we have the intereste/availability, we can move this thread over to the events section.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:53 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Biker Scout Master

Bump, do we have anyone available or interested for this? I know its up in logan, but if anyone up there is able, please let us know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:30 pm 
Imperial Recruit

We're still looking for ANYONE who can come up Monday October 31st for this party and fundraiser for the Cache Humane Society. WE NEED A DARTH VADER!!! HELP ME ALPINE GARRISON! YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 am 
Imperial Recruit

This is the PRO for Timberline Garrison and I am posting this on our boards as well. I will let you know if anybody reaponds.

LoneWolf likes this post.
Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 12 posts ] 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]