Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: event spotters
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Quick question regarding being a spotter for an event. I've applied to the newest event this friday at chick-fil-a so I can get out and start meeting some of you and being a part of the group as well as to see what the costumes look like. I've read the tropping handbook and for spotters it states "Non-costumed spotters should wear a sanctioned Garrison shirt that sports the Alpine Garrison logo. Official 501st Legion shirts are acceptable as well", where and how do you obtain this?

thanks in advance :)

Post subject: Re: event spotters
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:56 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Apprentice

You should be fine wearing a Star Wars shirt. From my experience, you're not even able to purchase swag until you're a member...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:15 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Agreed. I wore a Star Wars shirt to my first event and it was fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:25 pm 
Sandtrooper Apprentice

ok guys thank you. I wasn't sure what was acceptable and I just wanted to make sure before I arrived and I wasn't dressed appropriately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:42 pm 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Just make sure to introduce yourself! We won't know it's you until you tell us!

:)

I am sorry I won't be there to meet you myself, but I am sure it'll happen soon.

SciFiChick
TD-5096
Stay above the fray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:15 pm 
Sandtrooper Apprentice

SciFiChick wrote:
Just make sure to introduce yourself! We won't know it's you until you tell us!

:)

I am sorry I won't be there to meet you myself, but I am sure it'll happen soon.

Oh introducing myself is the easy part, kid in a candy store with all the costumes and trying to contain myself is going to be hard. And I have no doubt I'll meet all of you at some point in time just part of the adventure :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:11 pm 
Alpine Garrison Commanding Officer
Sandtrooper Apprentice

LOL

SciFiChick
TD-5096
Stay above the fray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:30 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

...kid in a candy store. I can relate!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:12 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

So Ive been a member for awhile now and just haven't had the funds yet to start my Commander Cody. Ive been going to as many events as possible, just as a spotter of course. And it gets a little frustrating when we try to help people stay back or try to help take pictures for fans or even talking with our fellow troopers who don't know us and don't know we are part of the Garrison. Is there anyway we can change the rule to let Cadets buy "Swag" even if its just the Alpine Garrison Patch or shirt. It would make us look more official and help us be recognized as members. Now I'm not saying let us have full accesses to all patches or shirts, for example: 501st Legion patch. But, just enough to make a jacket to look official to be more helpful with spotting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:31 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Snowtrooper 1st Class

Honestly I've had the idea of having vests for spotters. One that has the garrison (or 501st logo) on it with the words "Costume Support Staff". A vest that members can purchase so the cadets don't need to. Because spotters rock! Oneth has been my spotter most times I've trooped and I can't say enough how greatful I am for spotters. I would purchase one "one size fits most" vest and I would keep it in my tote so that whenever I have a spotter I make sure people know, and that they feel important. It would also give them more of an authoritative look. When they are saying "please step back" or "I can take that picture for you" they are instantly known for what they are. Our Cadets and spotters are a very important part of the garrison. A Star Wars T-Shirt shows they are fans. Let's work on a way to show that they are brothers (and sisters) in arms!

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:58 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

I'm in agreement with Long Shot, completely. What would we need to do as a Garrison to make this happen, Mark? I'd be willing to pick up a vest of some sort for spotters/staff support as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:50 am 
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Darth Angelo wrote:
I'm in agreement with Long Shot, completely. What would we need to do as a Garrison to make this happen, Mark? I'd be willing to pick up a vest of some sort for spotters/staff support as well.

The first thing that comes to my mind would be to just get some ID card that hung around peoples neck like this http://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-Plastic-Ve ... B00MA168D0, even if I had to buy it myself its a small price to pay if I really want to join the 501 considering the cost of armor, and then when someone attends an event for the first time they're given a card that had the garrison logo on it.

Darth Angelo likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:21 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
AT-AT Driver 3rd Class

Simple, cheap ($12.75) and highly visible option, just customize it with patches 8)

http://www.amazon.com/Event-Staff-Green-Reflective-Safety/dp/B0044Z5MVO/

Edit:

This one would event be better, black has a better "dark side" feel

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2MONCC/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:15 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Snowtrooper 1st Class

Do they have a black with red stripe option? Honestly if we don't set somethin up with the garrison I may get one myself for when I have a spotter :snowtrooper:

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Just so everyone is aware, I'll quote the Legion Charter and Garrison Addendum below. Interpret them as you will.

Quote:
7. Garrison Merchandising and Promotional Standards

a. The Alpine Garrison abides by the Legion's guidelines for materials bearing the Legion and/or Garrison logos. Only 501st members may use official 501st logos in their promotional materials (which include image signature bars or private websites).

b. 501st members may purchase Legion or Garrison merchandise. Legion and/or Garrison merchandise purchased by 501st members can be given to non-501st members.

c. Cadets may purchase Garrison t-shirts only. Cadets cannot purchase any Legion or Garrison merchandise or merchandise that includes the 501st logo or Legion motto. Cadets are limited in the use of the Alpine Garrison logo to be used on the Alpine Garrison's forums only.

Quote:
Article IX: Merchandise and Branding

The 501st Legion is a club based on a copyrighted property and is not authorized to profit from the sales of merchandise bearing images or ideas from the STAR WARS property.
Merchandise or materials created to promote or advertise the 501st Legion (referred to herein as "merchandise") will be sold only to members of the 501st Legion and Rebel Legion and at cost. Merchandise is not to be sold to the general public unless authorized and be approved by Legion Command and Lucasfilm Ltd. All merchandise must meet Legion guidelines and approved by the Legion prior to production. Merchandise not abiding by these guidelines will be considered unauthorized and its sale shall be forbidden to members of the 501st Legion. Producing or distributing unauthorized merchandise may be subject to disciplinary action by the Legion.
Any items bearing the words "501st Legion", "Fighting 501st", "Vader's Fist", the 501st Logo, URLs, or those of any sub-units of the Legion, or any other term or image that can be reasonably identified with the Legion or its sub-units are considered representative of the 501st Legion. Proposals for such items are to be reviewed by the office of the Legion Merchandising and Branding Officer, and approval must be granted by the LMBO prior to production.
The Legion does not endorse or manage the creation or sale of props, costumes, or costume parts or materials by anyone for sale to others. The Legion will not intervene in private sales or transactions of non-Legion merchandise or products. Legion rules do not extend to any disputes related to these matters.

In my opinion, I would be cautious having cadets with any sort of shirt or vest with Legion patches without getting prior approval from the GCO.

jason10012 likes this post.
Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]