Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: event spotters
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:29 pm 
Alpine Garrison Cadet
Cadet 3rd Class

I am so grateful to see how strongly everyone feels about this issue. I would like to get this approved for cadets to wear some kind of vest or shirt that will make us stand out from the public. To be the representatives of the Alpine Garrison that we are. Who and how do I get a hold of our GCO to get this approved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord 2nd Class

So probably the best idea is to have a Star Wars lanyard of some sort with a Support Staff tag on it that garrison members can have with them and then allow cadets to wear them at events, returning them when the event is done. I think Chris already has something like this that I wore a time or two when I was spotting. It made quite a bit of a difference when dealing with the public (especially when you are brand new and still aren't quite sure exactly what you are doing) and the impression conveyed was much more organized and professional.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:01 pm 
Imperial Recruit

Darth Angelo wrote:
So probably the best idea is to have a Star Wars lanyard of some sort with a Support Staff tag on it that garrison members can have with them and then allow cadets to wear them at events, returning them when the event is done. I think Chris already has something like this that I wore a time or two when I was spotting. It made quite a bit of a difference when dealing with the public (especially when you are brand new and still aren't quite sure exactly what you are doing) and the impression conveyed was much more organized and professional.

I agree with this one hundred percent. I have not done a spotting yet but have done 100s of trade shows and if you don't look professional or apart of the group no one will listen to you or take you serious.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:19 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Special Operations Grand Master

We've had badges to wear on lanyards, it's just that most people don't wear them, or they lose them, etc. They were donated by a member but it's not a cost they can keep absorbing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:45 am 
Garrison Academy Instructor
TIE Pilot Master

I wore a Star Wars shirt till I became a member. You'll be fine

With guns this big who needs to aim
ID-TB-TI-IN-IG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:28 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Snowtrooper 1st Class

That's why I think the members (not cadets) should get a vest so that they can let the spotter wear it when they are shooting for them. For example I may have my younger brother (not 501st or even a cadet) spot for me I would put him in the vest so people recognize he is with me. I don't want cadets to buy their own. But for the full members to have them. I want any cadet who spots for me to feel included. So I propose that we have a run of spotter vests. I would get 1 maybe 2 so that my spotters feel included. It would also show people that we value our "non costume" members and may increase the number of cadets and also the number of active costumed members.

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:16 am 
Alpine Garrison Financial Officer
Sandtrooper Master

I completely agree with all of the official members of the garrison with regards to not giving any official merchandise to any non official 501st members, but it would be nice to be recognized more as part of the group and stand out rather than just another fan in a star wars shirt during an event

The whole reason I started this thread was because the trooping handbook posted on this website says "Spotters, Appearance: Non-costumed members should wear a sanctioned Garrison shirt that sports the Alpine Garrison logo. Official 501st Legion shirts are acceptable as well." The same is listed for support staff.

I suggested the lanyards because I feel as a cadet, even having to purchase it myself, is a very small price to pay and the cost to any sanctioned member of providing some card stock with the garrison logo on it would be minimal. You could even email the potential cadet a pdf to print out on their own prior to the event as well to be placed inside or pinned to their shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:23 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper Apprentice

Just as a heads up, this is being addressed right now in proposed changes to the Garrison addendum (the language about a Garrison t-shirt, etc.). Voting on the changes is for members only and I'm not sure if cadets can view them or not. The proposed changes are in the Imperial Voting Booth forum. If you can't, I'll let you know what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am 
Alpine Garrison Webmaster
Bounty Hunter Master

LoveMonkey wrote:
Just as a heads up, this is being addressed right now in proposed changes to the Garrison addendum (the language about a Garrison t-shirt, etc.). Voting on the changes is for members only and I'm not sure if cadets can view them or not. The proposed changes are in the Imperial Voting Booth forum. If you can't, I'll let you know what happens.

Garrison Cadets can view the Imperial Voting Booth but just can't vote. Imperial Recruits do not have rights to view or vote.

Mike Handy
"Handyman"

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2

Time zone: America/Denver