Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: get it going again
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:52 pm 
Alpine Garrison Public Relations Officer
Sith Lord Master

I just want to get this thread going again. I hope everyone has marked it on their calendar and can make it up. Shane will be posting directions and detailed info. I made the suggestion that ealier in the day we could warm up by watching some starwars videos...fan films, CelebrationII video, or whatever you guys would like to see. Lets make this a big deal and make our presence known in the state of Idaho.

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:24 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Stormtrooper Master

Okay everyone listen up!!!!

Here is the schedule for the Family picnic.
Aug. 2 Saturday
2:00 P.M. Show up, visit, eat, watch fan- vids, see my "star wars room" ect. ect. If you can't be here this early thats okay, just be here before the parade line-up, they start to close off some roads to prep for parade.

5:30 P.M. Line up for parade. We have to be on time for this, the earlier that we line up the better spot we have in the parade. first come first serve. I will have a trailer and truck to take us, it is too hot and long to walk it.
6:30 P.M. Parade starts
after the parade you are free to go if you wish, but there is a carnival in town you can go to. (i won't be going to the carnival-barf)

There are a few items to remember to bring with you.
Costumes
Family
Lawn chairs
water bottles (can be filled at my place)
camera- still, digital, video
blanket to sit on
Optional - cash for sidewalk sale and carnival
If you have extra costumes, bring them I may have others here we can suit up.

We will be doing a "pot luck" style lunch. please post on this thread of what you would like to bring.
Please bring your own beverage of choice for yourself, we will provide water and "kool-aid"

This is how to find my place:

If you are going NORTH
get on I-15 north and go very fast 8)
take the Brgham City/ Utah State Univ./ Logan exit #364
this will put you onto HWY 91 stay on 91 go over "Sardine Canyon" thru/past Logan,Smithfield, richmond, into Idaho!!!
As you enter Preston, you will turn right at the FIRST stoplight on 2nd South, go 1 block to 1st east and turn LEFT. Go 1/2 block and you are there! I will have a big Star wars sign in the front window. :shock:

If you are going SOUTH
Get on I-15 south and go lightspeed
you will take the Downey/ Preston exit (mapquest said this is #36, but that dosen't seem correct, so just watch the citys)
this puts you onto HWY 91 south, follow this past Downey, Swan Lake, all the way to PRESTON.
When you come into town you will be on Main Street. Go to the FIRST STOPLIGHT,and turn LEFT and go 1 block to 1st EAST Turn right. Go 1 1/2 blocks. You are there!!
I will have a big "Star Wars sign in the front window. :oops:

My address is
140 South 1st East
Preston, ID.
My phone # is (208)-852-3035
Feel free to call me with questions if you need to. :?

I hope that everyone can make it for this event. I am very excited to have the gang in town. If youknow someone who dosen't watch the posts on this site, let themknow about this so they can make it!
There is a BYU film student doing a film here in Preston :) , he may be filming the parade for it, lets put on a good show for it!! :D

Hope to see you all,
Shane

TK1970 - Shane

"I can see your shwartz is as big as mine!"
"Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:25 am 
Timberline Garrison
Sandtrooper Master

I'm hoping I can make it....thanks for the invite!

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:40 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

Still planning on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:57 am 
70th Explorers Garrison
Royal Guard 1st Class

Man seems like forever since I posted! Sry been a buisy summer and still gonna be buisy! I'm gonna chat with the wife but I would love to come w/ my family. Not to excited about doning the red blanket in this heat but should be worth it!
Ill let ya all know!
JAson

"Do, or do not, There is no try."
Master Yoda

Post subject: Zipper status
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:20 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Denizen Apprentice

Hiya,

I get back into town on Wednesday night. I plan to "fix my zipper" on Thursday and should be ready to go for the parade on Saturday.

See you all there!
-Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:28 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Bounty Hunter Master

I'm just starting my costume, so if anybody has an extra they would like to lend me (6'-1", 200 lbs), I'll suit up with you all.

I promise not to fall off the trailer. :oops:

Post subject: Hey everyone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:01 pm 
Alpine Garrison Public Relations Officer
Sith Lord Master

Thanks for the support :D ...lets be sure to get as many folk there as possible. I would hate it if we had more Jedi than troopers!! :wink: Although it never hurts to have Jedi in on the action. All of you who have listed yourselves as coming to the event, be sure to give a phone call to anyone who may not read the boards on a regular basis. I know that Shane and I would like to make this the biggest gathering so far...
Mark, I would be willing to pick you up if there is anyone in the group who would be willing to split the duties and return you home. WE NEED VADER!! I hope all is well with everyone, and that you all make it a safe trip to Preston....

See you there!!

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

If you need to carpool or need help with anything, give me a buzz 732-8046

Shawn, aka Darth Maul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:30 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Emperor

Hi guys,
For those of you who don't know, my engine blew on the way back from the Mayhew event. I currently do not have transportation to get to this parade event. My son Steven (a.k.a. Anakin) will be out of town on a Church trip and unable to attend. My wife is working, so I will have my six and my nine year olds (all eligable babysitters are going on the Church trip too). I have to work a Grave shift at 10pm. Given all of these problems, if someone could give me and my two boys a ride to Preston (with costume in tow), and get me home by 10pm I would be willing to go. Otherwise (assuming Tysen is still in transition and no one else has a Vader costume) you will be Vaderless. But I'm sure you will be a hit with or without sithy 'ol me. Just keep Wampa away from any Super-Soakers!

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:50 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

:( :( No Vader!?! :cry: :cry:

Let me do some calling around. See if I can get a bigger car, or van. My car will only hold my family. (4)

Any not going, but has a transport that will hold 7 comfortably, willing to make a car swap for the day? In a way I hope not! I mean that I hope everyone is going! :wink:

Post subject: Vader Shuttle
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:15 am 
Alpine Garrison Member
Denizen Apprentice

Hiya,

I'm in SLC and can probaby fit Vader and Wampa (with two kids) in the car. I just won't be able to see out the back window but that shouldn't be too bad. I get home late tonight (wednesday.)

Please give me a call at home or work and let me know if you want to try to ride up/back with me. I definately want to be home at a reasonable hour.

-Kevin
801-588-7416 work
801-487-6870 home
801-750-5350 cell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:19 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Master

I had a feeling Wampa would come through!!!!! Yea!!! Kevin's my hero! :wink:
My uniform dosent take much room in the trunk of my car. If you guys want I could haul some of your stuff. Might make a bit more room.

Let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:36 pm 
Alpine Garrison Member
Sith Lord Emperor

Is it possible that someone could have an internet enabled laptop at the parade? I need to bid on an item at 6:18pm on Saturday!!! In lue of this does anyone know a savy and fluent eBayer that is ABSOLUTELY reliable and would be willing to bid for me? THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT ITEM TO ME!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:46 pm 
Timberline Garrison
Sandtrooper Master

Got a ? for Shane...any good campgrounds/rv parks in the Preston area? My mom is actually thinking of bringing her RV down, watching us in the parade, then spending the night...

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:30 pm 
Retired Alpine Garrison Member
Sandtrooper 2nd Class

Hey Guys,

This event sounds like it's shaping up nicely :) Alas,I won't be able to make a showing due to some very important family commitments and I also work on Saturday :cry: No rest for the wicked :twisted:

GLENN

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 

Time zone: America/Denver [ DST ]